Click for Mulder Click for Comfort Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service

Throttle Signal Loss Alarm (Glendinning)

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by TMcG, May 6, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. TMcG

TMcG New Member

Hi,

I have Glendinning controls driving a pair of MAN 1050's (2003 vintage) and am getting intermittent/spurious alarms for a "Throttle Signal Loss" issue.

Always the Port engine and more frequent when using Sync, ie it does happen when individually throttling the engines but way less frequently.

I'm "told" that it's the Gelndinning controller, EEC2001, which, understandably, is well EOL

Was hoping someone might have had some experience with the issue or similar ?

Thanks
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Glenndennings have a way to get into the menu and it will flash the exact code of where the issue is. It could also simply be the trottle actuator on the motor. Google the controls and the error codes and how to access them.
  3. TMcG

TMcG New Member

Ok, thanks, I will follow that trail and see what I can find.
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The LEDs on the controls will flash at different rates to decode the issue. Glenndennings techs are helpful as well.
  5. TMcG

TMcG New Member

Ok, thanks. Have talked to Glendinning but they passed me off to a local service center who seem quite intent on just replacing the control unit.
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

7. TMcG

TMcG New Member

Yes Sir, thats exactly what I'll be doing. Just away from the boat for a few days but will report back (for future searchers :))

All information seems to point to a voltage or ground issue on the chain somewhere.