Click for Nordhavn Click for Glendinning Click for Mag Bay Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko

Thinking of trying before buying Westport 164' or similar

Discussion in 'Westport Yacht' started by squatter2, Sep 9, 2006.

1. squatter2

squatter2 New Member

I am interesting in a 150'-170' yacht. Currently thinking along lines of Westport 164' or Christensen 157', but still early in process.

I think my family (wife, four small kids, curmugeonly parents, friends) would love this, but we have never really experienced the life. Can anyone suggest how I'd charter something similar to what I'm thinking about buying (maybe 1-2 weeks in Florida/Bahamas this winter)?

Thanks.
  2. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

There are many boats of similar size available for charter. There are also many charter brokers that you can work with.
    Feel free to send me a PM and I can introduce you to the charter agent that I work closely with.
    Best Regards,
    Ken
  3. hardy

hardy New Member

A very good idea to charter a boat of the same size you are considering buying. A 160 footer or thereabouts would be most suitable for your needs.Try talking to Daryl Wakefield at Westport. No 2 hull will be launched November and you may be able to charter this later in the Winter season.
    How do I know ??? Take my word for it. The 164 is an ideal family boat if you look at the layout, owners suite, vip suite (parents) 4 suites below and a possible elevator. It is probably one of the best private/charter yachts available at a sensible all in price. No 3 hull should be available for next year cruising.