Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Comfort Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service

Synchronizer problems

Discussion in 'Hatteras Yacht' started by Wiigin, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Wiigin

Wiigin New Member

I have an 1989 Hatteras M/Y and for the last couple years I have been having trouble engaging my throttle synchronizer. I switch on the switch and the light doesn't stay on when I start advancing the starboard lever. I have to go back and start over several times before I can get it to engage. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? Thanks
  2. RER

RER Senior Member

Is it a Glendinning? Are you engaging from idle speed? If so, instead first try running up above 1000 RPM before you engage the synchronizer.
  3. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

I understand that the Glendinning tech support folks are quite willing to talk you thru issues on the phone. You may want to give them a ring.
  4. Caltexflanc

Caltexflanc Senior Member

They are outstanding. The manual and the trouble shooting guide is on their website as well. Have a look at it and call them in the morning.
  5. RER

RER Senior Member

I had the same issue on two different boats where after years of working fine from idle it became hit or miss getting the synchronizer to engage. I got the advice from Glendinning to bump it up over 1000 RPM prior to engaging and it worked fine on both boats using that strategy. Don't know how or why but it did. And I don't use it at idle anyway.