Click for JetForums Click for Cross Click for Westport Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn

Sunseeker 58/62 Manhattan Anchor Windlass Control

Discussion in 'Sunseeker Yacht' started by Anders, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Anders

Anders New Member

Hi people.

Maybe this is a shot in the dark, but i will try anyway. :)

I recently bought a 1993 Sunseeker 62 Manhattan with 2 x Detroit 8V92's in it.

My question is:

Does anyone know where the units to control the ancor winch in this boat can be? The unit that controls the +- signal to the winch. I have searched everywhere i can think of without luck, especially in the engine rooms. I cant find it in the main engine room either.

Any ideas?
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

If it is not in the deck or on the dashboard, it could be just a remote control..?
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Do you mean the power to the windlass? Look behind the breaker panels in the engine room, if they are the type that swing open to get to the back of the breakers, there is another set of breakers, behind the breakers that you see visible a lot of times on Sunseekers......oh and sometimes you can find DC breakers inside the a/c panel as well......
  4. Anders

Anders New Member

Hi

Thanks a lot for reply. I have found a automtic breaker for the winch in a small electrical/aircondition room in the middle of the boat. There is power to that breaker and the breaker is working. So the power goes forward, some place, to the -/+ solenoid that changes direction on the winch i think, but there is still no power to the winch at all. The switches inside the boat are working. So i assume the swithes will give power to a solenoid some place. The big question is where.. :)
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Have you tried it with the engines/genset running?
  6. Anders

Anders New Member

I have tried it with shore power on, but not with main engines running.
  7. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Are you sure it is not hydraulic..?
  8. Rodger

Rodger Senior Member

I was on a 74' Viking S/F a few years ago with a hydraulic bow thruster and we had to turn it on to get power to the anchor..
  9. Anders

Anders New Member

AMG: Yep :)

Se attached pictures.

Rodger: The anchor and thruster have seperate power buttons, but maybe it will be a good idea to check if the winch/relay get its power from the thruster main cables..

Attached Files: