Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Perko

Starting Issues ~ 453MY

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by doorpro, Aug 4, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. doorpro

doorpro Member

Hi all,

yesterday a warning buzzer came on up on my fly ridge whilst my boat sat in her slip. I figured out that it was the starboard starting warning buzzer which seems to be doubling as a battery/convertor warning because when I went down to the engine room to check on things I saw that one side of the convertor wasn't charging and even though I was getting 13.5 v from one side the other was getting less than 2.5v so I turned off the charger.
    What I did next was to disconnect the wire from the warning buzzer so that I could turn the convertor back and sit and wait for an electrician who cant get here for a week so I wanted to put everything back and that's when I screwed something up.
    You see I accidentally touched the two wires that connect to the buzzer and now that everything is back where it should be the starboard engine is dead. The main feed to the starting button has no power and I have checked for breakers almost everywhere, everything looks good to go.
    My question is... Does anyone know of somewhere that I can look to see where I have broken the feed because I can wait for the battery problem to be fixed but I would like to find that darned breaker to give both starters power. The port side is perfect.

Regards,
    Doug.