Click for Furuno Click for Westport Click for Walker Click for JetForums Click for Mulder

Splash!

Discussion in 'Popular Yacht Topics' started by YachtForums, Jun 1, 2007.

1. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

To me it is exactly the same position of the tug on the other side....
  2. Talon

Talon Senior Member

Same Place.
    Look at the long grey warehouse, with the large door opening on the far left, with the tugs shadow and line in the water right next to it.

On the Splash photo you can still see that it hasn't moved.
  3. brunick

brunick Senior Member

their both taken on the same day, in first pic its just bit more right shoot, in second the slighly blue overall is because of the "white-balance" of the camera - and of course just a bit more left shoot
  4. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Notice something falling over the bridge windshield? It appears to be a pair of storage hatch covers from the bridge under floor storage. The shadows looks perfect as well.
  5. SharkyFHB

SharkyFHB Senior Member

Good eye CTdave.. You can see where they should be. Did some digging and there is no comment from the supposed carrier. Anything is possible, but I think we can put this to bed as authentic.
  6. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Yes Sharkey, I believe it to be true. The theory of the forward strap slipping I think is true too. Someone else posted about the anchor chain flying by & in picture 3, you can see that the anchor is no longer there & you can also see where the bow rail broke off. What is still attached is sticking out of the water.
  7. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Front page collage...

Attached Files:

8. jim rosenthal

jim rosenthal New Member

the real thing

I'm certain it's genuine: the position of everything in the photo where the boat's going in the water is perfectly consistent with the hull being vertical, and the guy hanging on for dear life looks real to me.

My guess is the photographer may have been there for insurance documentation, in case there was any minor damage.

Well, I don't see any minor damage. Guess he wasted his time.
  9. Deckies Feet

Deckies Feet New Member

Just got to see this thread and can confirm this happened and is not photo shopped, plus i have sent it to the guy in the picture. Luckily no one was seriously hurt the guy you see popped his shoulder but was lucky not to knock him self out. When the boat hit the water she turned over so both crew could of drowned if they had hit heads on well anything that got close to.

The boat was stock boat being delivered for the Dubai boat show in March, so luckily no owner had to see his baby sitting on the dock in bits . Have some pictures of her once it was pulled out ...not good. Will dig them out and post them.
  10. gabe

gabe New Member

Great sequence! But the second shot looks totally photoshopped to me! For many reasons, including why is the white balance in 1 and 3 the same but 2 totally different? The light wouldn't have changed appreciably. And obviously the photographer wouldn't have had a chance to change it. Also the rear splash looks very suspiciously "soft". Plus all the other reasons already mentioned. Call me an old cynic but if it looks too good to be true than I can't help thinking that it probably is …

Did anyone see that sequence of the cranes falling off the quay that did the rounds a while back… Spent ages trying to work out where the mends were, never did find out but equally fake methinks. Good job though! :)

Edit: since I wrote my post I see Deckies Feet's post above. Fair enough, if you saw it yourself, I'm willing to take your word for it (and I look forward to more corroborating photos - a good one would be the guy being helped out of the water with a broken shoulder… )

PS Why are the photos different formats? If you have the originals Carl what does the EXIF say?
  11. Deckies Feet

Deckies Feet New Member

He didn’t break his shoulder just dislocated it. The other guy banged his knee on the window but that was it!

The course is still being investigated so not sure what i can say but the front strap did slip when the crane juddered slightly. this would not be a problem unless the strap was not in the correct place ie to far forward!

Boat had bridge windows smashed through and the result was pretty bad not what you want to happen to 1.8 million dollars worth of boat!
  12. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

It is always easy to say after it has happened, but by securing the straps to the boat, as we do here, it feels a lot safer. And I have always kept people out of the tenders when lifting them as well.

Attached Files:

13. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

Off topic, but on June 5, 2007 @ 11:20 AM (EST)...

Over 650 people viewing this thread.
    Over 2075 people online!
  14. OutMyWindow

OutMyWindow Senior Member

Let's see, "YachForums.com" tee's and caps worn around ports and marinas would easily double that figure in no time.
  15. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Old news Carl. ;)

16. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

Oh My!!!!!

We are about to take delivery on a B-57..... this is one of those pictures that you see, and can almost relate to, but never in your wildest dreams would you want to.
  17. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Guess I was a little early...

18. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

It's almost like watching a sport.... every time I click this thread there's a few dozen more viewers. And the individual views has clicked up over 800 in less than 45 minutes. :eek:
  19. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

Maybe you ought to replay that 72 Viking lying on the quay next to the collapsed lifting crane.
    Call it 'crash & splash'.

Hey, give 'em what they want! :cool:
  20. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

I thought that was a Predator 108...

Pictures HERE.