Click for YF Listing Service Click for Delta Click for Mag Bay Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Burger

Silverton 39 MY

Discussion in 'Silverton Yacht' started by YachtLover, Oct 6, 2004.

1. YachtLover

YachtLover New Member

You know the Silverton 39 MY is a good deal. It starts at only $269,000, and one fully loaded to my specs is $450,000 with diesels, and $400,000 without them! I checked it out at the 33rd Fall Boat Show and it is great! I like it better then alot of boats that are much higher prices...anyone considering a new mid-size yacht, should check this one out. Next year at this time I look to buy one...
  2. decruise

decruise New Member

Is Silverton seaworthy and durable?

I've seen Silvertons at shows and they seem very attractive and value priced. Can someone out there with experience help me know more about whether they are durable and seaworthy?

You all know how truthful the salespeople are in answering these questions.

Thank you in advance!
  3. JeffB392

JeffB392 Guest

I own a 2001 Silverton 392. And I can say it's been the best bang for the buck. 2 staterooms 2 heads with stall showers and a huge salon. Solid glass hull no coring below the waterline. Great factory support even for non current models. I don't think I'll ever grow out of this boat. It may not be the sexiest looking boat but I love her!
  4. Carter

Carter New Member

Anyone have the Silverton 39 MY with 425 hp.Crusaders and know the best rpms to run, cruise speed and best range?
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Think of RPMs as PPM, pennies per minute.
    The torque curve usually peeks around 2800 . If your on plane there that would be real good.

Of course, 1.34 x the square root of wet hull length. 7 to 7.5 kts will probably offer a better MPG.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hull_speed