Click for Glendinning Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for Mag Bay Click for Abeking

Shipworks Brisbane Yacht Owner or Buyer?

Discussion in 'Shipworks/Warren Yacht' started by YachtForums, Nov 16, 2004.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

If you are a Shipworks Brisbane yacht owner or buyer, our online yachting magazine can provide information to help you. YachtForums brings you the latest news from Shipworks Brisbane yachts, including the most recent yacht & ship launches, company news, archive pictures, and recommendations on restoring, re-fitting, updating or upgrading Shipworks Brisbane yachts.

Please take a moment to register. Then, post a thread in the Shipworks Brisbane Forums and tell us about a yacht you've owned, a boat you intend to buy, yachts for sale or a yacht you have worked on. Please feel free to upload pictures, share a story, cruise destinations or marina information.

We'd all like to hear from you and we'll look forward to your participation on Yacht Forums, a website for yacht owners, yacht brokers, captains, crews and enthusiasts of yachts, super yachts, mega yachts and big boats with diesel engines!

We're glad to have you onboard!

The YachtForums Crew
  2. tsjomie

tsjomie New Member

Shipworks / Warren Gone

Seems as if I was correct - local papers here in Brisbane are advertising the auction in liquidation of Warren / Shipworks tools and molds. Great tax loss and money washing system while it lasted. They still owe me 6 months salary and payouts but like everything else - Roth and Herman are bottom feeders
    Hope you guys get what Karma provides mate
    :mad:
  3. Henning

Henning Senior Member

LOL, I am looking at the ex-Shipworks shed from my cabin window. Shipworks is no more. Aluminium Boats Australia now occupies the shed. There is still a bit of a s-t fight on the horizon between Shipworks and Brisbane Marine Industrial Park as the word is they haven't paid their rent or waterfrontage taxes in quite some time. Hopefully ABA doesn't get burned in all of this. I worked in the shed last time I lived here when Brisbane Ship Construction had leased one side to build 4-38M catamarans for the Thames in it. The last Warren Yacht, an 87 IIRC, left the shed a few weeks ago with a homeport of Melbourne on the back. There are no more "Shipworks" employees on sight, though an older 72' or so Mangusta that has no drives and was a generally worn out trade in on a Warren, is still in the south side of the shed as well as another non ABA boat ot two paying rent to Shipworks.
  4. Jorge Lang

Jorge Lang Senior Member

There should have been two 87's under construction when they went under. Any idea where these boats are at?
  5. Henning

Henning Senior Member

One was completed and left a couple of weeks ago, the other in still in its molds, and was sold, with the molds, to I believe Mustang boats today. I'm pretty sure they also got the 7x' molds. I'm not sure if there was any product in them. Bargain basement price to....