Click for Perko Click for Walker Click for Nordhavn Click for Northern Lights Click for Cross

She's got no class!

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Danvilletim, Nov 24, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Any charter yacht that I forsee ever running, if I did, would fall under an un-inspected USCG charter, which I know the regulations for. Basically all safety gear that is necessary and things of that nature. I don't do charters even in that size range. Any USCG charter yacht that would fall under being a USCG inspected commercial vessel would be large enough that the vessel would have to have a complement of full time crew. Since I don't want to either be a full time Captain on one yacht, nor do charters, it's an area of the industry I do not need to be knowledgeable on. Just like I don't need to be knowledgeable on tanker operations of a freighter (for example). I am knowledgeable enough to know the basics of yacht charter for a foriegn flagged vessel (cannot pick up AND return) to the US with the same charter, can only pick up OR return to the US with a charter, but not both.