Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums

seeking info on 48 foot 1987 vintage jeffersons

Discussion in 'Jefferson Yacht' started by jim lowe, Jul 6, 2005.

1. jim lowe

jim lowe New Member

looking into 48 foot.. 1987... jefferson's would appreciate info on seaworthyness. Have good feel for interior. Also any info on any issues with wiring or other "hidden" components that may be a service issue. thanks
  2. clarkfosterjohn

clarkfosterjohn New Member

I have a 1985 45. I think they are the same except the stretch. Mine has Perkins 200 with 2000 hours. Not a problem ever. Westerbeke 7.5 Kw. A little short of juice when you add on stuff. I have added gulf coast oil and fuel filters.. Well worth the money. Walker fuel seps.. also well worth the money.. No soot on the butt. Added Bio bugs..cause boat holds a lot of fuel. 600gal to be exact. I run 1800 rpm at 4.5 gal hr. Confirmed by diesel floscans.. also worth the money. Put in a simrad ap25 autopilot and you will not be bothered much by a following sea.. Real rough with out it. email me for other stuff that works well.

clark Johnson On the Chesapeake
  3. Bob Gassert

Bob Gassert New Member

I have a 52 foot 87. Be advised, that there may or may not be a "city water" hookup on your boat. Apparently Jefferson did not have this as a standard feature and recommended using water from your fresh-water tanks to keep them fresh.

Also, your holding tank pump-out will be a weird metric diameter/thread size. I still don't know what mine is.