Click for Burger Click for Cross Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service

searay venture

Discussion in 'Sea Ray Yacht' started by btyson, May 10, 2017.

1. btyson

btyson Member

anyone know why Searay nixed the 370 Venture? I assume it was a lack of demand but I thought it was a novel concept and seemed to garner rave reviews in the boating press.
  2. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

Boating press is a mixed bag and each has their own motivations. Rarely do I buy in the hype.

Sales probably killed it off. It was a Marine Max driven product model decision and used an outside design/engineering firm that really did nothing special. I think they committed to 12 boats upfront. SR product development was left to make it work but had little input in the upfront design.

Marine Max wields a big sales stick and have done other boat design and build ventures on their own as well: http://www.aquilaboats.com/about-us
  3. Fletcher500

Fletcher500 Member

Check out club sea ray and there is a string on the venture from a few years ago.

If I remember correctly it was a bit underpowered and for various reasons it did not catch on. There are still a few people on the site who have them.

I still think that it is a viable concept for boats in that size, especially if a diesel outboard could be used.