Click for Walker Click for Nordhavn Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service Click for Northern Lights

SeaRay 390...420 Sundancers 40...44

Discussion in 'Sea Ray Yacht' started by rankco, Oct 9, 2013.

1. rankco

rankco New Member

Anyone, Sea Ray 390 or 420 Sundancer. I currently own 2004 Sea Ray 320, 496/BravoIII love it but now out grown her. I would appreciate any comments on these two models.
    Looking at used, to save big $$$. Its the way I have always bought boats and has done me well. So far looking at 2005 -2007, maybe 08 (I know the models change some, 40 - 44 although same boats, specs wise as 390 - 420)
    The price jumps a fair bit for that few extra feet. I'm still kinda leaning towards the 420 or 44. Sorry gassers I won't look at anything besides diesels. I live and cruise the great Pacific. Besides the obvious size layout, 2 heads etc.,any feedback good or bad on performance, handling, real fuel consumption, mechanical etc. anyone owned both? I would love to hear from 40 and 44 owners. Anybody had any real issues? I have owned several boats but nothing over 35'. And, yes, I am a SeaRay loyalist. Maybe not the best boat but pretty darn good.

Thanks, Steve
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I just found this thread in the General Yachting forum. Had you posted it to the Sea Ray forum, your likelihood of a response would have been much higher. I have moved the thread to the Sea Ray forum, where it should have been posted originally.
  3. rankco

rankco New Member

I did post it on the SeaRay forum as well and did get a good response. Thanks for the advice and also for moving the post over to the other forum. I thought I would try this forum as well, never know.
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I've run several of both. Had no problems nor complaints with either (I don't own just run). I can tell you that I once came out of Georgetown heading for Charleston in a 42 and found myself in real nasty 10' seas. The 42 spent more time under water than above, and when I turned into that long entrance channel into Charleston I had to put the seas on my beam. Scared me enough to call a ship anchored out there to ask them to post a watch on me. She made it in. I was impressed. I actually prefer the 42 to the 43 for handling.