Click for Mulder Click for Perko Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn Click for Mag Bay

Sea Ray Sundancer 510 versus Carver C52

Discussion in 'Sea Ray Yacht' started by blkennedy, Sep 15, 2017.

1. blkennedy

blkennedy New Member

Looking at both New Sea Ray 510 versus New Carver C52. Both utilize shaft drives, both coupes and more or less equivalent performance wise. Like the Carver for the upstairs galley and downstair 3-berth, full beam master layout, wide beam and fairly heavy boat important for water around Cape Cod.

Fit and finish similar--we prefer the look of the Carver but want feedback on overall quality of builds, hardware, peripheral gear, support/service and whatever else is of concern.

Pricing close between the two--Carver slightly more expensive. Please give the feedback from the experts out there.

Saw these all at the Newport Boat show along with many more options. Love Tiara but prefer shaft drives for our boat.
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The searay is a much better built boat. It also performs much better. I have run both boats and had the sea ray in 5-7' seas and was still on plane and comfortable. Tiara builds shaft boats, but I've also run their I think it was 52' convertible with ips, it had a good ride, cruised at nearly 27 knots and was very fuel efficient.
  3. wayne t

wayne t New Member

4. wayne t

wayne t New Member

tiara is a much better boat than either of the others
  5. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

If I'm looking at new boats, I look beyond the boat itself to the company. Sea Ray vs. Irwin Jacobs of Genmar fame, also known as "Irv the Liquidator." Perhaps check what happened to Carver warranties when he bankrupted Genmar.

I would also look at the reputation of the dealers. I know Russo had a good reputation but now that Marine Max has purchased them, your guess is as good as mine as to what will happen to their quality of service. As long as the Russo family remains involved, I'd be hopeful.

Also, unlike Azimut, if you go around Marine Max to Sea Ray, Sea Ray will stand behind the product.