Click for YF Listing Service Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport

Sea Ray 48 Sedan Bridge

Discussion in 'Sea Ray Yacht' started by John Will, Sep 8, 2011.

1. John Will

John Will New Member

Ive been asked to up lift a2004 Sea Ray 48 off a ship and deliver it to a marina for a collegue who is still oversaes. Can anyone advise me of the start up procedure and any tricks or warnings I should be aware before motoring?
    John.
  2. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

To start with, make sure they don't drop it. :)

Then, while I doubt it has one, make sure there is no drain plug that needs to be reinstalled. After it's in the water make sure all the seacocks are open and the strainers are clean and full of water. In some cases you may have to bleed air out of them to get a strainer to fill or a pump to prime. Then make sure all fuel lines are open. Do a thorough engines, engine room and systems check. Check the bilge pumps, make sure the battery switches are on as well as any appropriate breakers are on.

Take it slow after you fire everything up, watch the gauges and look around the engine room regularly. Keep an eye on the packing glands, check there temp. at least by hand. Having a good set of tools and an infrared heat gun could come in handy.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Did it come from the US, whats the name of it? I recently loaded a couple on this end on a freighter. If anything, turn the battery switches on, should be under the staircase going to the flybridge. Generally you shouldn't have to prime the sea strainers, generator, a/c, or engines just make sure the seacocks are open (usually they are left open). I would get the generator running first, turn the battery charger on and let it start charging the batteries, make sure fuel valves are open, start main engines and let them warm up. I would get all of the air conditioners going at like 70 degrees to pull any humidity out of the boat when you run it to the dock. Check all of your other systems before departing such as steering.
  4. John Will

John Will New Member

Great reply thanks. DebbieMiAmoni I beleive.
  5. John Will

John Will New Member

Capt Bill11

Hey Capt Bill, Thanks for the humour. Ive seen a 20' dropped on the ramp at first launch. Very funny for all except owner!
    Ill be on board when they lower it over the side so hope all goes well.
    Ill post a report once its in the water and up and running. Thx for your contribution everyone!
    John Will