Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Walker Click for Nordhavn

Salon Overhead Lights

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by Tashmoo, May 22, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Tashmoo

Tashmoo New Member

Anyone know where I might find replacement trim ring for the overhead flush-mount downlights in Ocean salon? No mfr name anywhere. They're 2-3/4" plastic trim rigs for the original halogen lights.

Mod edit: Oversize image removed.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2017
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

There should be a manufacturers sticker on the assembly the trim ring fit's onto. Check that.
  3. justold

justold Member

picture please
  4. Tashmoo

Tashmoo New Member

SMALLER

Light Fixture Bezel.JPG
  5. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

There should indeed be some label on the fixture itself, probably on the top side. If older it may be hard to find it. Plastic covers are rare on these fixtures

You may have to replace the fixture(s) in a room with just one of or two lights so you can use the cover to match those in the salon
  6. ranger58sb

ranger58sb Senior member

Might be DRSA brand, "Mako" model. Search on that and compare.

If so, have heard they don't sell just the trim rings any longer... but the whole fixtures aren't hugely expensive.

-Chris
  7. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

DRSA fixtures are/were used by a number of builders but I've always seen solid stainless fixtures, not plastic although they may have had them
  8. ranger58sb

ranger58sb Senior member

Yep, the Mako fixtures have a plastic bezel. Cayman Brac (something like that) are "brass." Happens we have both, in various places. Near as I can tell, the only difference in ours is the bezel.

I can't tell perfectly whether OP's bezel are DRSA/Mako or not... ours are "whiter" than that...

-Chris
  9. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

10. d_meister

d_meister Senior Member

Cantalupi was the big name in interior lights for a time, maybe even the original mousetrap light. Everyone carried them, including West Marine, but they've pretty much disappeared from display real estate. It may have something to do with the advent of LED's. Cantalupi is still available on the net.
  11. Prospective

Prospective Senior Member

Keep us posted with what you find. I have the same and many of mine are cracked on my '43. I have replaced fixtures in the guest SR and both heads and salvaged the trim rings to put elsewhere. But replacing fixtures is expensive and a PIA. Replacing bulbs and trim rings would be cheaper and easier.