Click for Furuno Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service Click for Walker

Riva superamerica 48 ... Waterpump?

Discussion in 'Riva Yacht' started by Heidi, Apr 8, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Heidi

Heidi Guest

Hi,
    I have recently bought a riva Superamerica 48. The boat is amazing and considering her age the quality of workmanship is incredible and I am totally in love. Probably will come across really stupid but have had all the floors up and have found lots of goodies and surprises but just can't find the waterpump!!! Can anyone out there help? Would really appreciate any comments that could help with my search. Thanks
  2. PhilippeDuval

PhilippeDuval New Member

Hi Heidi,

I am the proud owner of a 1972 Riva Superamerica 42 for almost 8 years.( hull N° 6)
    The quality of the ship is indeed incredible, and despite of her age, in many aspects ( hull, woodwork, windows, inox features) , she is in better conditions than 10 or 5 years old boats I can see in my marina.

If you are speaking of the fresh water pump , it should be located under the stairs leading to the cabins not very far from the batteries . The original pump was a Idromini, I think it should be the same for the 48.

I am happy to find a Superamerica owner on Yachtforums, on which I am not exactly a new member, but I forgot my password and I had to register again !!!
  3. Heidi

Heidi Guest

Hi PhillippeDuval,
    Thanks for your reply, we have searched the whole under stairs and have tried to trace the water pipes but they disappear into places we cannot access! It is probably somewhere right in front of our noses and we cannot see it for looking! I am astounded daily at the quality of our Riva and both my husband and I are looking forward to many years of enjoyment with or without the waterpump!!
  4. PhilippeDuval

PhilippeDuval New Member

You should ear the pump, specially when the fresh water tanks are empty !
    Those tanks are located under the bed in the master cabin.
    Therefore the pump must be located beetween the tanks and the kitchen.
    Have you checked the little trapdoor located under the round landing floor downstairs : you have access to all the hidden piping
  5. Heidi

Heidi Guest

Hi, sorry it's taken so long to reply to your post but we have once again had the floors up. We have no pipe work in the circle bit at the bottom of the stairs and the water tank is under the steering console not under the bed. We are at a loss as to what to do next!
    Kind regards
    Heidi
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Your boat is not that big. The water tank cannot be located too far away from the water fill on the exterior of the boat. Find the water tank, then follow the hoses to the pump.
  7. Tim Roelant

Tim Roelant New Member

On our superamerica 50 it is next to the starbord engine, right after the staircase but on the inside of the engine room,