Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko Click for Furuno Click for Glendinning

Returnless fuel filter replacement

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Carver, May 4, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Carver

Carver New Member

I have a 2006 Carver 33 SS with Crusader 6.0 l gas engines installed. I am planning to replace my fuel filters. My port engine rpm's are cycling up and down, up to 300 rpm's when I accelerate from 1000 rpm's to 2500 while underway. Once I reach 2500 the problem seems to "go away". In neutral, I don't have the same problem. I have read in other forums that the filters may need changing. If anyone here has other ideas or thoughts on the problem I would appreciate it.

I have studied how to change both the pre-filter and the water separator filter in the Crusader manuals. I have a returnless system with a Racor 110 AT separator which uses a Crusader 47047 filter. I feel pretty comfortable changing the filters except for one issue I can't seem to get an answer for. I traced the fuel supply line back to the tank. I don't see a manual fuel shutoff valve anywhere. Perhaps I am missing it, but in reading some forums, the answers aren't clear. Is there something I need to do to keep the fuel from siphoning out?

Before I install the filters, is there anyone here who could help me with this question?

Thanks!

Nate
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Look at the pickup on the tank top. Some models had a electric valve that opened with key switch on.
    If not, there is a valve somewhere.
  3. Carver

Carver New Member

Thanks. It had an anti-siphon valve on it. Was able to get them changed out.