Click for Cross Click for Delta Click for Northern Lights Click for MotorCheck Click for Abeking

Remote spot light suggestions, 24Vdc

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Capt Ralph, Nov 4, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Wife has offered a green (dim) light in my direction for a fixed mount, remote control spot light on our boat.
    I have always liked the dual ACR RCL100D.
    Seems to be a few extra mfg's and models out there since I last looked.

I'm a 32Vdc boat still as many know. I have a 24Vdc tap that I'll use. I just want a bright as heck beam with NO scatter. Crab pot hunting mainly.
    Also fixed dual stations or wireless remotes. We can go either ways here as long as dependable.

Any suggestions?
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The ACR still is the ticket for the best spotlight for a boat your size from what I've seen.
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I ordered the ACR RCL 100LED.
    The normal RCL was rated at 200,000CP, the LED model at 220,000CP. About the same price.
    Since I received no response on light scatter, I'll have to try on my own.

I'll fill all in on the LED package when it's up and running.
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I put a pair of marincos on the 84 i run (originals were dead when we got the boat). They're bright and pretty cheap. The housing is plastic so won't last more than 6 or 7 years but cheap enough to be disposable
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Well considering the standard ACR bulbs are like $60 each x 2.....I'd go for the LED anyday of the week.
  6. 30West

30West Member

"No scatter" would be nice in some situations, but in practice it would be like looking through a paper towel tube. It would be nearly impossible and incredibly expensive, along with impractical. I do like a "pencil beam" for some situations, ideally I could have two or three different bream patterns available when running at night. My cheapie remote has two very similar patterns, I'm looking to upgrade it with another bulb assembly, there are some nice automotive LED assemblies with dual beams that would fit.
  7. praetorian47

praetorian47 Senior Member

I just ordered a spotlight from marine beam.com. The stats seem very impressive and the price was good.

I've got an acr light that will not rotate, and repair is more expensive than the light I just bought and doesn't perform as well ( on paper, at least).