Click for Comfort Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for JetForums

Princess Yachts News

Discussion in 'Princess Yacht' started by revdcs, Jun 4, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

2. LifeForBoats

LifeForBoats New Member

Thank you for posting this! Very interesting video!

By the way- Do anyone have any real exterior photos of the new Princess 50? - Any photos will be very appreciated!
  3. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

4. KCook

KCook Senior Member

So does this mean visitors to Sunseeker will now be screened for TAG Heuer watches?

fashionable Kelly
  5. LifeForBoats

LifeForBoats New Member

6. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

7. RVN-BR

RVN-BR Senior Member

She looks very nice...

Princess is one of my favorite brands, was since many years ago when I was involved with smaller yachts (50-70ft), nonetheless, it baffles me why owners would pick a princess 40m over a 40m from a yard that focuses on yachts of that size bracket...

Obviously they are always pushing their envelope, but there are limits... they arent just into "Performance Motoryachts" which I'd say can go up to 100ft or so... When you go to a tri-deck you really become a "superyacht" or whatever you want to call it "medium yacht" or something (assuming you need to be 24m to consider a yacht, so 24m would be "small" yacht, upto about 35 then to medium, above 50 "large" and above 70 or so "giga yacht"?)

anyways, I wouldnt go to feadship or heesen for a 60ft sport cruiser, I'd probably go to Princess... why would anyone do the other way around is baffling (too much money and too little experience in the market comes to mind...)

I wouldnt ask Mini Cooper to build my construction company cement trucks, and I wouldnt ask MACK trucks to build my speedy weekend 2-door cars....same rationale shouldnt it be? oh welll...

Anyways, the design is really pleasing to the eye although what I could find of specs were uninteresting to say the least... Also, in my past experience with Princess they were extremely organized and unflexible in terms of production time (literally deniying an entire order because special requests made meant the boat would take too long on the assembly line...) I applaud them on their seriousness and hard hand in sacrificing 1 order for the benefit of the factory, however that mentality just wont cut it for a project of this size... lets see what advantages they can bring to the table...

I see used sunseeker tridecks selling at a big price discrepancy, i.e. losing a lot of value, I anticipate similar fate here... BUT, as I have said twice, beautiful form....
  8. ombreetsoleil

Princess is doing well at the moment.
    They hired 200 people and are planning to hire another 400.
    In this economic time that sounds amazing.
    I do agree that they should play in their own court.

They are concentrating on the asian market and south american(Brasil).
    Brasil is a booming economy.

I Really like the designs they are creatin, my favourite is the 72 flybridge.

Price quality is comparison is good.

They deliver a good product.
    I say two :)thumbs up
  9. RVN-BR

RVN-BR Senior Member

Cool, I wonder what their plans are in Brasil... Are they bringing a factory? Because of the import laws, foreign boats are practically a rape in terms of cost, which is why princess despite being present through representatives over the last decade or so only has about one handful of boats in the market... whereas azimut and ferretti who have both had licensees building their products and are now both present directly with factories have hundreds if not thousands (combined prolly have over 1000)...

Its funny how everyone talks about brasil, it really is a booming economy but it isnt easy... most just talk about it because they need to talk about it (to make shareholders happy), very few come in the market in an intelligent way.

its a pitty really...
  10. ombreetsoleil

11. ombreetsoleil

12. JWY

JWY Senior Member

I saw this type of launching at a boatyard in Virginia for a 42' steel trawler. It was easy, fast, and safe. I've seen boats dropped from a TravelLift and this method sure helps to beat the drop odds :D

Judy
  13. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

14. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

I caught the Imperial Princess striking a pose while docked in Rybovich Marina in West Palm Beach a few weeks ago looking as regal as ever!!

imperialprincess.jpg
  15. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Decent looking boat. Is it just me or does she just seem like a Med boat?
  16. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

The Princess M-Class... nice video.