Click for Comfort Click for Ocean Alexander Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport Click for Cross

Pembroke / Calypso / Pequod Yachts

Discussion in 'Vintage & Classic Yachts' started by alloyed2sea, Dec 15, 2004.

1. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

I'm reading your posts. These are great little boats that run very well and look classic for not much of an investment these days. Have fun with her, and post some picture for us! Thanks for keeping this thread alive.
  2. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Try contacting Robert W. Serfass at:

Marine Technology Corporation - Midlothian, VA - Engineering Consultants in Midlothian, Virginia

P.S.- Time passes, as do we. Believe number still good, though.
  3. rustyboltz

rustyboltz New Member

Number of Pequod Sport Sedans

Another owner, Kris Anderson from New Hampsire, trades messages with me on Facebook. Kris is very certain there were only 20 Sport Sedans ever built by Pequod over the 8-10 years before the company folded. That seems low to me, given the extensive reviews in Boating and elsewhere and whether a company could survive on just 2-3 boats produced per year, but he's pretty certain. Does anyone else have any idea of the number produced?
  4. rustyboltz

rustyboltz New Member

Do you still own one? I could really use any interior pictures anyone has to help guide me in my restoration. I'm also interested in the main cabin windows: I've seen some reports from others that leakage is common, and mine don't open but there is some serious dry rot in the posts in the after/doorway bulkhead corner.

Thanks!

rusty
  5. rustyboltz

rustyboltz New Member

6. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

What's a Pequod?
  7. SFS

SFS Senior Member

Google is your friend, albeit with the appropriate amount of cautionary skepticism.

According to one source that I found:

Roy Miller was the owner of Pequod Yachts through much of its fiberglass production. He had arranged to sell the company to Bob Serfass. Before the company transferred, Roy was killed in a plane crash. The sale went through and Bob moved the operation to York, ME.

I think OldPhart is directing you to someone who might be able to shed some light on things, though you might take note of his P.S. When I searched the name, the first four hits were obituaries.
  8. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Thank you. Seems he passed in 2008.

Just curious, rustyboltz, does a Pequod look something like this?

Boat For Sale $23,900 - 34' Flybridge Sport Sedan - YouTube
  9. rustyboltz

rustyboltz New Member

Yeah, that's a Pequod Sport Fisher. The Lady Jake doesn't look quite that good yet, but she will.

Any idea where that boat is? Maybe they have a manual.

rusty
  10. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

11. rustyboltz

rustyboltz New Member

12. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Hey Now, pull those 318s out, put in a pair of MP 454s and have fun. Been there did that, had a blast for a couple of years. Never knew I looked that good. You never see your own boat run.
    Our ole P34 is still in the Jax area. What a great ship.

I moved the bridge cowling forward, cut out the bridge side seats and added a lounge behind the pilot seats.

I miss that ship.

,rc

Attached Files:

13. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

I never owned one. I'm a yacht broker and have sold several over the years.
  14. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I had to replace those post also. You will have to plane down a PT 4 x 4 to near 3 x 3 1/4 if I remember. Nothing too hard, just some easy woodworking. There was some plywood parts that I soaked in thinned resin to ensure a seal and smooth painted surface before I glued it all together.
    Once it's together, you're not able to reach everything well with sealer or paint.
  15. Karl Rude

Karl Rude New Member

ssdsdsddssdds
    Do you have any pictures of your 1973 / 34'?
    My father owned the "Nautilus" (1973/34'), docked at Piney Narrows C-Dock, sold it in 1985 after his death. She was a type "B" model with the side bunk beds... Great running boat, we had alot of fond memories during the 11 years we had her.
  16. Brian833

Brian833 New Member

Is there any pequod owners still out there?
  17. Rjphlorida

Rjphlorida New Member

Anyone have any interest in a pair of Pembroke 185 engines and transmissions? Email me if so
    Email Removed. Read the Rules.
  18. rustyboltz

rustyboltz New Member

Well, I'm back, now that I've got my Chrysler 318s working, and the boat repaired from sinking.... Could use some advice on some specs for the Pequod that I can't find online. Most of all, need to know the original propeller sizes. Anyone out there?
  19. Brian833

Brian833 New Member

I can't help you with specs. But I think us pequod owners are a dying breed. I would love to find any information I can about these boats, but that seems to be nearly impossible.
  20. Roger C

Roger C New Member

I own a 1977 34 foot Pequod called "Free Willie" it is in Fairhaven, Mass - I am trying to find out what kind of fluid I should use in the Transmission/Gearbox or whatever it is called that has forward and reverse gears. I still have 318 Chrysler gas engines - One is new - I don't want to put the wrong fluid in though. Any help with this and where I can get a user manual as well would be super!
    Thank You in advance
    Roger Chartier