Click for Furuno Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport Click for Mulder Click for JetForums

Palmer Johnson News

Discussion in 'Palmer Johnson Yacht' started by Yacht News, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Palmer Johnson will be attending the Cannes and Monaco Boat Shows. Cannes is the 9-14 of September and Monaco is 23-26 of September 2009.
  2. Yacht News

The 25-meter Ketch "Irishman" is for sale. She is asking 2.5-Million USD and her latest refit came in 2008, she was prior refitted in 2003. This vessel was built by Palmer Johnson in 1985.
  3. Yacht News

PJ's 41.67-meter "Lady Jenn" has been sold for her asking price. She closed on 6.95-Million USD.

Lady-Jenn.jpg
  4. Yacht News

Not really news at all but just something to note. The sun/fly deck is well laid out for relaxation and entertaining. Sculpted and built-in sun bed regions forward of the mast, and space for loungers and al-fresco dinning styled furniture.

You can see here...
    http://www.*****************/c_gallery.asp?cid=-181201447
  5. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40013&stc=1&d=1280412633

Here she is in January of '05 hauled out at Derectors. I had a client who just missed buying her; recollection of something just north of $2M the other guy paid to out-bid my buyer. Now asking $3.5, per the listing on YW.

Those folks are crowded around the bow looking at where the retractable bow thruster used to be....seems the sea trial skipper cut the corner a wee bit too close coming back to the dock.

Attached Files:

6. Yacht News

Since Palmer Johnson started building in the UK, their large yacht program has taken off you could say. The first 51-meter hull PJ501 was launched not too long ago and word is that there are another two yachts from the same owner on order. There are also 2 X 64-meter Sports Yachts on order in the mix.
  7. Justus

Justus Guest

The PJ 120 "Vitamin" is for sell by Mora Yacht&Ship
  8. coismov

coismov Member

It was recently announced that Palmer Johnson has ended talks over setting up a UK production facility. They had rented some space in Hythe to initialize construction of the 170' (which was later moved to the Sturgeon Bay yard for completion), but had been in serious talks about building their own facility in Woolston. However, for reasons unstated, those talks have ended.
  9. Yacht News

PJ have a few sports yachts in construction. At Sturgeon Bay there should be four 150s in build. Not sure if any of them are launched as yet. Two 135s as well? Work on the first 210 started already. Of course in Norway work is continuing on the World yacht.
  10. Justus

Justus Guest

J think they did't launch a new 150 yet , after my research ..
  11. Yacht News

12. Rotboy

Rotboy New Member

Carmac V

I have recently bought the 92' PJ 1973 build launched as Carmac V, then Twilight and recently Le Club Tarpon. She is currently in the shed undergoing an extensive refit of engineering, some decor adjustments and a complete respray. A Jack Hargrave design built for the MacMillan family. Does anyone know any other history or general information? She is re-named 'Silver Ghost' and will be leaving on Dockwise for Sydney Australia in late December.
  13. Yacht News

Project Hermes, a PJ210 for delivery in late 2013...

***​
  14. Yacht News

The PJ150 "Hokulani" recently emerged from a 6-month refit at Palma Refit. A number of works had been done including, changes to the interior layout and interior design. Additionally, the retrofitting of 4 X 'SeaKeeper' gyroscopic stabiliser units were installed to Lloyds specifications, she got new props and mod to the underwater hull. Furthermore a new custom windshield for the bridge was installed. Overhauling of the engines, gensets etc were done and many other smaller detailed works, teak decking, new fendering system and so on.
  15. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

16. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Her designers posted a photo of her in FB...she is definately looking great! I like her paint scheme.
    Reminds me a bit of Rossi Navi's recently delivered 48m "Vellmari".
  17. Yacht News

Wow, from that glimpse, I think I love what I see!
  18. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

19. Yacht News

Project Stimulus, the near 65-meter Sport Yacht is called "Lady M".
  20. Yacht News

Delivery of the boat seems really fast. They say May 25th once the sea trials go well.