Click for Nordhavn Click for Furuno Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service

Oceanfast Yacht Gallery

Discussion in 'Oceanfast Yacht' started by YachtForums, Nov 12, 2003.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Oceanfast - "Sagitta"!

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

Oceanfast - "Perfect Prescription"!

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

"Aussie Rules" was built by Oceanfast for golf-pro Greg Norman. Greg's not new to yachting. He's had a few sportfish yachts that scare great whites out of the water. "Aussie Rules" is an all aluminum, 285' expedition style yacht with a cost of around $70 million. I believe this is the largest aluminum yacht ever built. It took 300 workers over 3 years to complete.

Included in that price tag is a $1 million home theatre, two hyperbaric chambers (to restore your breath after you find out how much this thing costs!), seven auxiliary boats (in this case, one being a sportfish yacht that looks the size of a dingy in comparison!), several jet-ski's, a work-out gym and rumor has it... some 200 fishing rods. The number of fishing rods is no surprise... given the waters this thing was born in, they keep loosing them to Great Whites. Oh... and I'm pretty sure there's a golf course onboard too!

Attached Files:

4. YachtForums

Oceanfast - "Aussie Rules"! (Bow Shot)

Attached Files:

5. YachtForums

A few more Oceanfast yachts.... this one is "Aminah", a 30 meter SportFish Yacht.

Attached Files:

6. YachtForums

"Opal-C" 40 meter - Oceanfast

Attached Files:

7. YachtForums

"Mystique" 50 meter - Oceanfast

Attached Files:

8. YachtForums

"Oceana-C" 53 meter - Oceanfast

Attached Files:

9. YachtForums

"Thunder" 50 meter - Oceanfast

Attached Files:

10. YachtForums

"True Blue" 55 meter - Oceanfast

Attached Files:

11. trouty

trouty New Member

As it happens

I live in the same State of Australia as Oceanfast.

Some of the boats built by them posted in this thread - were designed by renowned local naval Architect Phil Curran...and are featured on his own website CDM (Computer Design Marine) under the project photo's gallery there.

Phil Curran CDM Computer Design Marine

As it happens He also designed my own little boat, and even lent me a hand to build her. We've known each other a long time and he's a great guy who used to design a LOT of ocean fasts Yachts at one point in time.

Some not shown here - would be Greg Normans previous Motor yacht, the FIRST "Aussie Rules'.

[​IMG]

And 'Antipodbordian'

[​IMG]

Bolkia

[​IMG]

Man O War

[​IMG]

Mercedes

[​IMG]

Moecca

[​IMG]

Mystique

[​IMG]

Neversay

[​IMG]

Opal C

[​IMG]

Parts VI

[​IMG]

Thunder

[​IMG]

In my opinion - one shouldn't forget the genius of those who design what "Oceanfast" gained their reputation building!!!

Truly, Phil Curran, would have to be considered the father of vessel construction in alloy plate....and many successful boat builders today, owe at least a small % of their success to the effort and skills of the designers like Curran who recognised the properties of Plate alloy and their suitability for vessel construction & set about making it happen in the real world.

Yes Oceanfast are go getters and worldbeaters, but they didn't get there all on thier own and plenty who helped make that happen for them have been 'cast adrift' along the way to that eventual success, right down to the craftsmen who build for them...

Theres a lot more to the "Oceanfast" success story than will likely ever be told... ;)

Cheers!
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2003
  12. YachtForums

Hi Trouty!

Excellent post! Thank you for sharing a "behind the scenes" look at Ocean Fast.

All too often, large companies and name brands are inspired by a few talented people that go unrecognized, except for their immediate co-workers, family and peers.

Curran's work is exceptional, but that's no surprise, as some of the most innovative designs and technologies have come from "down under".

Welcome aboard! (love to see the boat he designed for you.)
  13. trouty

trouty New Member

OK

OK maybe I can go one better.

Heres a pic of Phil Curran in his own lil 16 ft Boat (the sistership of mine) fishing a local river with Australia's best known TV Fishing Media personality Steve Starling.

He's a real keen boater & angler from little recreational boats the the motherships you see above.

Speaking to him only a couple days ago he's just finnished a new 17 fter for himself for shallow flats & inshore saltwater fly fishing / light tackle..

I haven't seen it myself yet but he's due to come down in a few weeks for a visit so hopefully I'll get a look at it then.

With any luck I might even get a photo and a ride in it.

If it's any good I might just build one for my own inshore charters use.

Like anything, it'd be nioce to have a fleet of the things, at all different sizes for all different uses, but my cheque book ain't quite that thick yet.

There are plenty of other talented alloy boat designers and builders downunder also, especially in the commercial boat building sector.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

14. AUSSIE

AUSSIE New Member

Hey Trouty
    reading your post and i came accross the bit that if i read it right says that Phill designed the Man O War which if i am correct was built by Vikal (used as tender on Octopus) and most important my favourite boat in the world.
    great work Trouty love the interesting stuff on Ausie boats big or small..