Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko

Oceanfast Sea Bowld?

Discussion in 'Oceanfast Yacht' started by gomaarten, Dec 9, 2004.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I checked with Oceanfast for interior pics a few weeks ago, but no luck. At best, maybe I can talk the captain into a tour. I'll be down to Dania for some meetings next month. If Sea Bowld is still there, I'll see what I can do. :)
  2. Bumpy Night

Bumpy Night New Member

Sea Bowld sited

We spotted the Sea Bowld docked for a few days last week at our marina, Harborview, in the inner harbor of baltimore. Anyone know who owns her?
  3. nano-J

nano-J New Member

as of Easter weekend...it was at Sunrise Harbor Marina.
  4. Sailor0000

Sailor0000 New Member

Hello. First post!

If you want interior pictures of Sea Bowld, visit the following link:

http://www.fraseryachts.com/Purchase/main.asp?-vessel_basic_info.asp-&vessels_id=49856&curr_id=7

If this doesn't work, go to the Fraser Yachts website

http://www.fraseryachts.com

She is currently for sale, so simply click on 'Purchase' and fill out her name.

As for her looks, I have to agree with those who see it as a welcome diversion/enrichment of the yacht design library. I do however find her freeboard a little low compared to the height of her superstructure, even knowing that that's a feature of present-day naval vessels.
    I prefer her pristine white hull over Ronin's military grey; makes it look futuristic with her pitch-black windows.

Cheers

Sailor0000
  5. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Sea Bowld Is In Fort Lauderdale

Sea Bowld has been docked at the Fort Lauderdale Marina on the North side of the Las Olas Blvd Intracoastal Bridge for months. She started out for sale in 2006 for a heady $36.9 million as compared to her current list price of $19.5M. Her price during the Palm Beach Boat Show and until March 31st, 2011 was $15.9M; what a bargain! Here is her full color brochure to drool over http://issuu.com/laseradvertising/docs/seabowld_web?mode=embed&layout=http%3A%2F%2Fskin.issuu.com%2Fv%2Fcolor%2Flayout.xml&backgroundColor=FFFFFF&showFlipBtn=true

Attached Files:

6. discokachina

Sea Bowld is a registered trade mark owned by Ritz Camera. David Ritz is the Chairman and a Director of Ritz Camera. Hmmmmmm;)

It is interesting that Greg Norman joined Ritz Camera as a spoksman around the same time Aussie Rules was built by Oceanfast. Sea Bowld was launched by Oceanfast shortly after that. Norman and Ritz are currently on the Board of Ritz Interactive.

I wonder whose Oceanfast came first?:confused:
    Did the relationship between Norman and Ritz play into the creation of two of the world's most iconic yachts?:confused:
  7. discokachina

New Pics of Sea Bowld

Took these last weekend from the Las Olas Bridge in Fort Lauderdale. The more I look at her the more I am attracted to her unique design! :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

• SB2.JPG
      SB2.JPG
      File size:
      50.1 KB
      Views:
    • SB.JPG
      SB.JPG
      File size:
      62.3 KB
      Views:
    • SB3.JPG
      SB3.JPG
      File size:
      91.2 KB
      Views:
  8. discokachina

Now that she has a new owner I wonder what her new name will be since Sea Bowld was reserved?
  9. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

If the Owner wants to call it Sea Bowld he can just register it somewhere else or call it Sea Bowled. Unless of course the old Owner has reserved all the names variants in every flag state. Not that that will be permanent.
  10. discokachina

Sea Bowld was sold and has been renamed Mizu. When she was purchased her asking price was approximately $8M. Originally built in 2004, after a massive multi year refit at Jones Boatyard in Miami she looks brand new and IMHO she looks totally awesome!!! After following her history for more than a decade I am more in love with her than ever!! As Sea Bowld many described her as looking like a "battleship" akin to Ronin launched by Lurssen in 1993. With her new paint scheme she now really does take on the full persona of a "battleship! Originally being built to Germanischer Lloyds build classification of + HSS Rated she performs like a "battleship" with a top speed of 28 knots and an economical cruising range of 4,500 miles at 12 knots making her capable of trans Atlantic and trans Pacific crossings! She is now on the market for approximately $15M. Check out her latest walk through video to see what you think!
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019