Click for MotorCheck Click for Furuno Click for Walker Click for Mulder Click for Mag Bay

| OceAnco | 85.60M | "Amore Vero" ex. "St Princess Olga ex. Y708 | 2013 |

Discussion in 'Oceanco Yacht' started by Milow232, Jul 31, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. davidwb

davidwb Senior Member

I appreciate her styling, but I think some things about her design could have been done in a different manner, as far as safety is concerned. In the video you can see an employee of Oceanco very carefully stepping out of the large rear hatch: as in many other yachts, there is no railing there....

Imagine mooring the yacht in the dark, and tired crew members having to stand there and throw a line...

Other detail: you can see the gentleman descending the stairs, but a railing is only available on the outside. I'm afraid styling many times is considered more important than maximum safety. But that's a choice of the owner and the designer(s). I don't think the yard has much input, as long as the yacht meets all the applicable rules.
  2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

I really wonder what happened...so if she is for sale now they are keeping her "Lady......." name underwraps still?
  3. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

I'm still not convinced that she's really for sale.
  4. Yacht News

I'm actually just as confused as anyone. Ken, she has to be for sale though or else there wouldn't be an asking price floating around?
  5. davidwb

davidwb Senior Member

I was very surprised to see their listing of the yacht. Meanwhile they have changed their ad: removed the names of the designers and added 2016 instead of 2012 as delivery date.
    Disappointing, as their site has a very impressive list of large yachts and large projects from all over the globe. But are they real listings, or "errors"?
  6. Yacht News

Or trying to throw off people...it wouldn't be the first time builders have changed the build year purposely, if that were the case.
  7. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Wow 4 years more than expected... "Attessa IV's"rebuild took rund about 3 years I think and there was major work done so can we really expect a mayor rebuild/refit and where?
  8. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

The year change makes me think that it's either 1. A temporary placeholder until they start advertising 2. It's a project listing for another build or 3. It's not a legitimate listing. Why else hasn't the other major websites that cover this sort of thing posted anything regarding Y708 being for sale?
  9. Yacht News

You have a point there Ken...
  10. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Marinetraffic says she is not at OceAnco anymore but rather docked a few miles far away...so it looks like work does not really go on.
    Has anybody gained further news? And where was the link to the brokerage website posted, I can not find it anymore?
  11. davidwb

davidwb Senior Member

Mailed that broker weeks ago, never got a reply. They removed their ad. They have other spectacular yachts and designs/projects on their site, don't know how reliable they are...

She (Y708) went into a Damen Shiprepair (Schiedam) dock on the 18th of December 2012. If AIS is correct she's still there. (Because of Christmas and New Years Day there probably were less working days in the period mentioned)
  12. Yacht News

If you have a look at David's website you will see a photo of her returning to Alblasserdam I suppose. Interestingly, the photo depicts her forward sundeck covered in what looks to be a tarp. Is this tarp there to cover the area fromthe snowfall? Or did she have some modifications done up there? Eitherway nothing looks too much different on her.
  13. Yacht News

Finally we can re-release the name of Y-708..hopefully? Her AIS says "Princess Olga", actually more like "St. Princess Olga" and she may leave on Feb 1.
  14. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

Sounds like somebody in Russia will be very happy.............
  15. Yacht News

"St. Princess Olga" (ex. Y708) has been delivered finally and she is underway. Look out for her in Gibraltar soon.
  16. Yacht News

"St. Princess Olga" after arriving in Gibraltar is now on her way to Antibes, France.
  17. Yacht News

To those who may not know the significance or the meaning behind the yacht's name? The name is both religious and historical in nature. Princess Olga was a lady who was married to the ruler of Kiev...when he passed away naturally she took the throne. She turned to Christianity and displayed her influence there. She was sainted in 1547 and is generally said to be the first SAINT of the Russian Orthodox Church. so you see how the name of the yacht came about well rather the relation I should say ST (SAINT) Princess Olga.
  18. Yacht News

"St Princess Olga" finally arrives in France at the IYCA for the first time. Some pics are pm B.I's FB page but I won't post the link here.
  19. Yacht News

What has become of "St. Princess Olga", seems to have dropped off the map after delivery.
  20. Yacht News

Has "St. Princess Olga" moved from in Antibes since her arrival there?