Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Burger Click for Walker Click for Abeking

| OceAnco | 88.50M | "Nirvana" -ex. Y-707- | 2012 |

Discussion in 'Oceanco Yacht' started by Yacht News, Nov 21, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Around here we do not discuss ownership of the yachts, welcome to YF though!
  2. Tkthom

Tkthom New Member

Sorry, I understand, it´s a privacy issue. Still makes you curious though, such a fast launch for sale :)
  3. Tkthom

Tkthom New Member

here´s a pic of the Nirvana and Anastasia from my holiday address on the Amalfi Coast, a few weeks ago.

Attached Files:

4. Yacht News

thanks for the photo! Even though we may know who owns a particular yacht we do not discuss ownership. If you have more photos you are certainly most welcomed to post them here, Of course photos of "Nirvana" that is.
  5. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

Thanks for the info. By "baby sister" I was referring to Anastasia.
  6. stevenkun

stevenkun New Member

Nirvana's layout is suck!

Now Nirvana is for sale with Edmiston. So we finally can see her layout.

http://www.edmistoncompany.com/luxury-yachts-for-sale/nirvana-848/

And I think it is the most stupid layout arrangement in all Oceanco 7XX series:

Massage room is located in such strange position;
    A master suite without study;
    So tiny main swimming pond;
    So many A/C room on updecks;
    No guest way directly to helm;:mad:

In such a 85m length yacht, all those arrangements are unforgivable!
  7. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

First of all it is the owner who spends millions of dollars so it is his decision how the layout should look like...

1. Do you want to work during your vacations?! Perhaps the owners do not want, that is something which we should respect.
    2. I guess you are simply jealous unless you can show us anything better on your yacht. Again the whole yacht was built by the owners specifications... if you want to have a bigger one than do it on yourself.
    3. Such statements make me crazy...I guess you were not involved into that project that means you do not know anything about her so do not judge her AC rooms, I guess they are not just pointless there.
    4. Why should there be a guest way to the helm just because you want it?

You think it is the most stupid layout?! I think you made the most stupid post of the month, congratulation. I hate it when people like you bash without any knowledge something, where people worked for 3-4 years with high dedications!
  8. Yacht News

First of all "Nirvana" is not 85M, she is nearly 89-meters LOA. Nirvana is a custom superyacht, the owner gets to put what he or she wants where ever onboard. Why in the world do you need guest paths directly to the bridge? If the owner wanted that they would have had it!

So tiny a swimming pond? I thought it was a pool. Anyways before OceAnco yachts started having pools so large like on "Alfa Nero", they had smaller splash pools and jacuzzis. Technology has allowed for big pools now and is an option to owners. Again, Nirvana is a custom yacht, if the owner wanted that size and shape pool, that is what they wanted, so your point is a NON-POINT!

Whoever said a Master Stateroom MUST have a Study? It doesn't! Just because other yachts have Masters with a little nook for studies doesn't mean another owner will follow the same principle.

And again why is the massage room in such a strange position, it is only in a strange position because you think so! you feel the owner gives two hoops about what you think. You have an opinion, you can exercise it but, the boat is a custom yacht built to the owner's specifications so you aren't at liberty for telling him why this and why that. When you build one like her, you would like the world to tell you what you should have on your yacht and where?
  9. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

Obviously the owner built the yacht he wanted, but perhaps it would be easier to sell now if the layout made more sense.
  10. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Nirvana Has The Perfect Layout!

I think Nirvana has the perfect layout and here is why!

1. First and foremost she has a Disco!!

2. After a few hours of raving take only a few steps forward to the massage studio to have all the kinks rubbed out!!

3. After getting all hot and sweaty from a few more hours of raving take a few steps aft for a quick dip in the pool to cool off!

4. If you get hungry stop in the dining room between the disco and massage room for a quick snack.

5. Disco, massage, swim, Disco, massage, eat, swim, Disco, massage, eat, swim all within a few steps of each other all on the same deck!

Disco, massage, eat, swim, I am in a heaven of perfection or Nirvana while sailing the seven seas!!!
  11. Tkthom

Tkthom New Member

Don´t forget about the 3D cinema for when it´s raining!
  12. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

Hate to bring up this topic again but after looking over Quattroelle's ga's, she doesn't have all the AC rooms and this is also the case for many other yachts. So, why does she have such a big dedicated AC system on every deck?
  13. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Could be the exterior AC flowing down all over the superstructure...
  14. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I was able to spend the better part of 2hrs on Nirvana today.

She is absolutely stunning in fit and finish in all spaces.
  15. Yacht News

I think I am turning green right now!
  16. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

WOW....those are some seriously jacked with photos....is that not what is called HDR photography?? I may have the HDR wrong, but the process is to take repetitive images of the same subject at different exposure settings...the better results I have seen are great...these look almost alien

Cheers
  17. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

230,000,000 Euro for an 89m yacht comes out to 2,598,870.06 Euro per meter....is this a joke?? If not, can we expect this beauty to sit a while??

Cheers,
  18. Yacht News

She'll definitely be sitting around for a while at that price!
  19. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

I know that business is slowly picking up in the large to very large end of the business, but as the overall economy is still awful, I cannot imagine any yard, even Lurssen, Feadship or B & V charging over 2mm per meter on a new build...I seem to remember that before the 2008 implosion, the "normal" build price was around 1mm Euro per meter, seemingly more appropriate for a yacht....for that $300mm price, I could get me a brand new killer YES! Shadow boat, crew it and see the world while easily waiting the 3-3.5 years for one of the fine northern EU yards to build me a new 85m yacht...and, kick in a Falcon 7x to fly me to the yard when my big baby is finished...all of this seems like unalloyed greed to me :cool:

Cheers,
  20. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member