Click for Delta Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger

Ocean Yachts 48 MY

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by Clipper4730, Jun 25, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Clipper4730

Clipper4730 New Member

Hey y'all just curious if anyone has any experience good or bad with the Ocean 48my. Just about to pull the trigger and the admiral really likes this early 90's boat. Been looking at the 55 Super Sport but may switch gears to the motoryacht.

Thanks in advance
    Will
  2. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

End of discussion, unless you are willing to purchase both boats

and wish to discuss the 55 Super Sport.
  3. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Hi Clipper4730. Welcome to YachtForums. The 48 Ocean Yachts MY's need to be equipped with stabilizers. If you intend it to be a dock queen and never travel, then no. It certainly presents a lot of well laid out cubic footage for the money.
  4. Carver38

Carver38 Member

I don't mean to hijack another members thread but coincidentally I'm looking at an interesting possible deal on an Ocean 48 motor yacht myself. (1990)

I may be able to do a trade deal plus cash, for my boat, to get the Ocean 48. The Ocean is in beautiful condition, as is my boat. The question of how much difference in cash there should be is what has me stumped. I don't know what's fair. But if I could come up with a mutually acceptable number I really think my wife and I would enjoy the extra room! Anyway.....who knows.....the deal may happen or it may not, but I'd be more comfortable if I heard some feedback from the members here about the Ocean 48 from that period. Thoughts?