Click for Glendinning Click for Perko Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder

Noisy Refrig/Freezer

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by PaPa, May 23, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. PaPa

PaPa New Member

We bought a 1992 Carver 3608 and all systems work fine except the refrig seems to be noisy when its running. Is this normal or should I be looking into something. Were leanring as we go.

Thanks for any impute.
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

What brand of refrigerator???? Age of refrigerator? Is it compressor noise or fan noise. I would start by looking at both of those items and checking their mounts etc.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

No a fridge shoudont be loud, if it is something is wrong but without knowing the age of the thing, the type, etc... It s all guess. It could be a dying compressor or something just loose and vibrating... Or a cooling fan blade touching the housing... Pull it out and see where the noise is coming from.

These small boat dual voltsge fridges, assuming that s what you have in there, are not well put together considering what they charge... I wonder if it's even origisnl to the boat.
  4. PaPa

PaPa New Member

Thanks all. I will pull it out and check everything to see what's up. It is the original refrig ( 1992) with the Carver name on it. I know they didn't make it and will check Brand name when I get back to the boat this weekend.
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Given it's age, I'm 90% sure your refrigerator is on it's way out the door. I'd start planning for a replacement and a marine refrigerator is far from cheap.