Click for JetForums Click for Walker Click for Delta Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service

New Launch: Horizon 62' Elegance

Discussion in 'Horizon News & Launches' started by YachtForums, Oct 1, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New Launch: Horizon 62' Elegance
    “Yaretti by Fiona” ​

“Yaretti by Fiona” is a special version of Horizon Elegance 62 motoryacht in Europe. In more than a year’s time, the “Yaretti by Fiona” has been manufactured by hand at the VISION Shipyard in Taiwan, one subsidiary of Horizon Group. The special version of Horizon Elegance 62 combines the stylish exterior and technical expertise with the creative and sparkling esprit of Fiona Swarovski and with the breathtaking quality of Horizon Yachts.

The idea was born when Nathalie Siegl from “YHG Yachthandels GMBH”, Horizon’s Austria’s dealer, met Fiona at the presentation of her FWS fashion collection in Vienna: “I was immediately captured by Fiona’s energy and her outgoing and charismatic personality. Soon after the show we decided to create an exciting design project together. From the very start, I was not only impressed with Fiona's taste and design ideas but also with her practical outlook and understanding what it means to create the interior for a yacht”, says Nathalie Siegl. Fiona Swarovski is responsible for the entire interior design; YHG took care of the cabin layout as well as the architectural solutions that were covered by Horizon perfectly.

For the interior, Fiona chose a sophisticated mix of dark Wenge wood combined with “Black Pearl”, a very rare, light-colored wood from Indochina. The choice is not just an aesthetic one but also of symbolic value, as “Black Pearl” is being cherished by Buddhists as an energy wood. In order to add even more luminance, Fiona has adorned the wooden panels with precious, semi-precious stones and glittering Swarovski crystals. The woods are provided by Ms. Andrea Walcher.

The walls and panels in the master cabin are covered with coral-colored silk, decorated with agates, corals, fossil stones and countless Swarovski crystals, evoking the aura of an enchanted underwater grotto. Turquoise on the other hand is the Leitmotif of the VIP-cabin. Inspired by Scheherazade’s shrine, both the head of the bed coated with iguana leather and the silk cushions are bejewelled with turquoise stones as well as Swarovski crystals. Launching a new line of activity, Fiona has even designed her own maritime on-board set of china in cooperation with the renowned Viennese porcelain manufacture Augarten.

Fiona Swarovski indicated to the press about her work for the “Yaretti by Fiona“: I really enjoyed working on this project and I did it with great enthusiasm and meticulous attention to detail. I saw it as a very interesting challenge to work again as an interior designer since this is the kind of creative activity I would like to engage in even more in the future. Among others, I would love to design high quality furniture & décor for luxury hotels.”

Under the collaboration among Fiona Swarovski, YHG and Horizon Group, the “Yaretti by Fiona” - Horizon Elegance 62 is once more testimony to the great talent, versatility and expressive power of the Austrian designer, who received the prestigious “Madrid Creatividad“ award in Madrid on November 21st 2006. Fiona Swarovski got the price for her extraordinary crystal designs and her creative freedom, joining style and elegance with constant innovation.

For more information contact:

Horizon Group
    No. 42 Da Ye Street
    Da Fa Industrial Dist.
    Da Liao Hsiung, Kaohsiung
    Taiwan
    886-7-7870696
    www.****************
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.