Click for Comfort Click for Northern Lights Click for Glendinning Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service

New Kaiserwerft: 40 meter "Catwalk"

Discussion in 'Kaiserwerft Yacht' started by YachtForums, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A brand new and a very unique semi-displacement 40.5 metre BARON will extend to 42 metres by way of a swim platform from the hull and will be featured in Hall 6 at the Boote Düsseldorf Show between the 21st and 29th of January, 2006.

Catwalk's interior design concept incudes stucco walls and fabrics in harmony with Oak and African zebrawood, which have both a polished and satin finish. She was built entirely in-house by KaiserWerft of Bavaria in GRP. The yacht benefits from unusually high ceilings, especially in the entrance lobby located midship. This lounginf area is as high as 3 metres.

In continuity with previously built yachts, large windows in the observation lounge compliment the Salon, a few steps away. Exclusive staircases to the lower deck for both the VIP and Guests are an unusual feature. The large Master suite on the main deck incorporates a Nautilis, an unusual and unique seat at 3 different levels in the bow area. A Penthouse in the Sky-lounge is equipped as a discotheque. Its floor has oak paneling certified to be over 150 years old and 3 glass-frames hold oak certified to be over 3,000 years old.

Rather than have a walk-around main-deck, KaiserWerft forges ahead with full beam salons, which result in the walk-around being at a higher level with stairs leading to the bow area. Sun-space can be experienced in the bow area by way of a Dining table which levels with the seating to become sun-pads, on the superstructure which incorporates a sunbrella and substantial seating and also on the aft top-deck which incorporates a Jacuzzi and sun-beds.

Specifications:

LOA: 40.50 metres extendable to 42.05 metres (133’ and 138’)
    Beam: 7.86 metres (26’)
    Draft: 2.05 metres (6’9’’)
    Displacement: 195 metric tons (full load)
    Fuel capacity: 28.700 liters, 7582 USG
    Hull materials: GRP / Teak decks / Hand-painted Awlgrip
    Year built: January 2006

Accomodations:

Guests: 12 in 6 suites and 7 Crew in 4 cabins
    Main engines: 2 x MTU 16V 2000 M91 2000bhp (1492 kW) @ 2350 RPM
    Generators: 2 x HFL with Perkin engines, each 80 kW/100 kVA
    Shore Power:120kVA output with 2 shore cable connection
    Input range: 180 V – 520 V, 47 Hz – 64 Hz with 3 phase with synchronization
    Stabilizers: WESMAR of USA, GRP fins
    Thrusters Bow: WESMAR, 74KW / 100hp Stern: WESMAR, 56KW / 75 hp
    Air-conditioning: 420,000 BTU
    Entertainment system: B&O entertainment system of Denmark

For more information, contact:

Kaiser Werft Yachts (Baron)
    Hafenstrasse 34,
    D-93342 Saal, Germany
    www.kaiserwerft.de
  2. Düsseldorf boote 2006 Photos

Sorry folks but I deleted the photos which showed almost all of the boat, but to be honest I would have needed a wide angle lens to get her all in one shot.

Nevertheless Catwalk was very impressive in the show, I took a tour of her and the interior is as usual a personal thing but the finish was great and as you can see in the photos the home crowd like her.
  3. one more photo

side view
  4. Thanks for the pictures tartanski. I'm quite fond of the teak (I assume) accents with the glass below. Wouldn't work with many styles, but I think it really adds to this boat.
  5. a litte more about what iIsaw

Hi Bill, I dint really do the boat much justice yesterday as I had just driven 800km in -10 deg C and was a bit tired when I posted the photos.
    Here is my description as best as I can remember.

(See the GA on the kaiserwerft website.)

We boarded the yacht from the aft, where the Catwalk theme is evident, in that there is a pathway of teak planking that runs from the aft terrace into the full width main salon, and ends in a very interesting companionway, framed by coloured lights , which in turn leads up to the observation lounge where the catwalk is featured again ,this time the material is a grainy darker oak, apparently 100s of years old. The catwalk is interesting in that the teak strips are separated by various materials, and of varying widths, as far as I remember there is glass, and perhaps some kind of stone.

We left the main saloon by a companionway on the starboard side which leads to the entrance lobby (slouching area) on the starboard side and Galley to port. Here the head room is about 3m at the sides, which allows you to appreciate the huge windows but reduces to about 2m in the midships due to the observation deck above.

From the entrance lobby/galley a few stairs offset from the center line lead fwd and upwards to the owners cabin, which features an interesting Nautilus themed sofa area, and great panoramic windows. Another 2 stairways lead fwd and aft down to the lower guest and crew accommodation. The guest accommodation is themed white on the starboard side and wood on the port side.

The upper tween deck is accessed via the main catwalk stairway form the saloon an additional turning stairway on the port side of the yacht fwd of the main saloon and aft of the galley, a few steps lead up form this area to the bridge and penthouse behind, which features a dance floor and a pretty big sound system!

Below the main deck aft terrace are additional crew cabins and access to the tender garage and generously proportioned engine room.

All in all they fit a lot into this size of boat, (2 double vip cabins , 2 twin guest, and a huge master stateroom) I particularly liked the wood finish along the main deck windows.
  6. Thanks for the additional information! The wood "boardwalk" down the center of the salon is really neat and quite practical. Being a high traffic area, it allows the carpet to remain cleaner and less worn in addition to acting as a divider for the room. Not to mention it looks quite unique! While I can't say the exterior lines have won me over completely, it looks like quite a nice vessel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.