Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service

My first motor yacht design - 38m

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by yakail, Jan 12, 2010.

1. yakail

yakail New Member

38 meters motor yacht, 7.9 meters beam, 2.3 meters draft. All calculations finished. also general arrangment plan and tank plan.

visual design not completely finished, waiting for your opinions about this render.
    [​IMG]

Kaan
    Naval Architecture and Marine Engineer
    Istanbul- Turkey
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi, it looks good. What I should do, if you don´t have a limit in size, is to add a meter to the fore and a meter to the aft. Just the hull and decks, not the superstructure. At least from the view/angle you have posted.
  3. I liked only the chrome hull-bow. The rest is a boring normal one, but good.
  4. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

I would say: Traditional ;)

I like it :)
  5. Henning

Henning Senior Member

How do the crew get to the foredeck to handle anchors and lines? Are those windows on the front of the house at the foredeck? They'll have to be about 25mm LSG or greater to pass a class survey. Square corners on the windows create stress points as well.
  6. ^yeah i saw that too, but prefered not to comment. It's his first design, so some corrections are necessary really, but i would like only to stimulate the guy. It has to push all this front-side bridge to a parallel inner volume to have space outside for running to the front. Because has big issues in the front-side running tangencial congruent lines from bow and front window, to tooling also both parts and easier assembly. Of course some inner space would be lost but for bridge in this small boat, no so much important. Actually the whole bridge was proportioned too big comparing the rest. Then maybe a side door, i see actually a thin contour or perhaps in middle front strangely... the main deck would be like the 2nd deck is, but continues to be normal anyway. This top roof black can be an oven in some regions for a sky-bridge... well. And if the bow is chromed, why not all windows shinning reflected also? To call a little all instead those black areas. C-Pillar rear line in 2nd deck is with a strange contour. Also the Hand-roller in all aft main deck has a step which i sinceresly did not understand why. The deflector atop is none deflector at all, too thin. I would review the curves in 2nd deck, need some running-together also. The A-pillar in main deck need a line review also. Ok i liked also the u/c things, computer and the man at front... ;)
  7. vlafrank

vlafrank Senior Member

I personally would like to see....

a higher bow with a bit more flare and perhaps water drainage ports; as was already said, a "stretch of 2 to 4 meters, evenly divided between bow and stern, would improve aesthetics. Just my personal opinion.
  8. Dayger

Dayger New Member

merhaba kaan,

teknenin kullanılacağı bölge özelliklerine göre tasarımın şekillendirilmesi çok önemlidir. tasarladığın tekneye baktığımda ilk olarak pek fazla açık alan olmaması dikkatimi çekti. böyle bir tekne ancak soğuk denizlerde iş görür. akdeniz gibi bölgelerde pek çekici olmaz.
    burun terasını oldukça kısaltmışsın, açıkçası bu benim sevdiğim bir durumdur, burundaki alanda genelde tayfa kamaralar ve zincirler olduğu için zaten pek sık kullanılmaz. ancak arka kısmı da kapalı alan olarak kullanmak dediğim gibi tekneyi sıcak sularda işlevsiz kılar. ve zaten o kadar çok kapalı alan varken terası da sabit bir yapı ile kapatmışsın. gece yıldızları nasıl göreceğiz?
    dik camlar ve burna yakın köşk güzel olmuş ancak ufak bir çizgi ve ya "detay" ile tekneye bir orjinallik katmanı tavsiye ederim.

eline sağlık, iyi çalışmalar.
  9. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

Thanks to Google Translate, that I can read it. But it would be nice, if you write it in english ;)

I thank you!
  10. tirekicker11

tirekicker11 Senior Member

Google translation:
    "hi khan,

according to the characteristics of the boat to use the region to shape the design is very important. not too much open space as you conceive the first look at the boat caught my attention. cold seas, but acts like a boat. Mediterranean regions such as not very attractive.
    rather shortened the nose terrace, frankly, this is my favorite, crew cabins and chains in the nose area is generally not used very often anyway. but the back of the boat, as I said in the closed area to use as hot water makes it dysfunctional. and when there are already so many off the terrace of a building with a fixed closed. How do I see the stars at night?
    windows and kiosk near the nose was pretty steep, but a small line or "detail" with the boat I would recommend a layer of authenticity.

into the hands of health care, good work"
  11. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Dayger,

Welcome to the forums. In the spirit of international relations, please keep in mind that English is the most commonly used language across our membership, even if it's as a second or third tongue. We don't pas judgment on our non-English members, however they may write.
  12. Dayger

Dayger New Member

hi everyone,

you are right, actually i have forgotten to write the post in english. sorry for that. What are your opinions about the render image?