Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking

Moonen News...

Discussion in 'Moonen Yacht' started by Yacht News, Sep 15, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

On the Moonen's website there is a short list of the 2007 -to come- boat shows that they will be attending. The first is currently going on and that is the Cannes International Boat Show.

This particular show started on the 12th of September and will go through untill the 17th. Moonen is to display the 94 foot m/y Nilo there.

The second boat show is the ever popular Monaco Yacht Show (MYS) This too will also commence this month. More specifically on the 19th of September and will go through to the 22nd. The m/y Nilo will also be displayed there.

The third show is to be the just as popular Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show. This will be one month from now in October. The FLIBS will start on the 25th and go through to the 29th. Moonen is expected to display the 84 foot m/y Etoile d'Azur there.

The final show for 2007 that Moonen is expected to display at will be the Salon Nautico in Barcelona. The 94 foot m/y Infinity will be on show there. The Salon Nautico will run from the 3rd to the 11th of November.

For more information please travel the the Moonen website:

http://www.**********
  2. RVN-BR

RVN-BR Senior Member

Hi m8,

Slightly OT but there was a PPT a while back about the moonen 94 build process. it was very impressive and I wanted to see the second part if it ever was produced... I imagine it was a huge effort to document the build so well, and it is surely great for an owner to have, but is there more moonen build presentations available?

Thanks!
  3. Yacht News

Nilo wins Award

Nilo won an award for the innovation, the Trophee de L'innovation. This is an award for custom type yachts measuring less than 40M in overal length. According to Moonen, this was announced at the Cannes Boat Show back in September. They went on to say that Nilo was specifically selected for the use of 'Servogear controllable pitch propellers' as well as rudders. In addition to this, the highly efficient hydrodynamic tunnels at the stern. These 'innovations' lead to efficient utilization of fuel, slightly higher speed and maneuverability.

For more on the Moonen Nilo, please visit the Moonen website.

http://www.**********/index2.html

4. RVN-BR

RVN-BR Senior Member

bump?

(space)
  5. Yacht News

MoonShadow Noa's Revitalization

March 18, 2008:’s-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands: The Dutch shipyard, Moonen has announced the successful completion of the five month refit of the Moonen 85 footer, MoonShadow Noa . The MoonShadow Noa, represents one of their earlier yachts, delivered in 1991.

This 85 foot Moonen was designed by Diana Yacht Design (DYD) and is a classic in every sense of the word. All the classical features combined to create the profile of the Moon Shadow Noa. A flared bow, canoe stern and classic superstructure. Moonen enlightens that it is this model- the 85- that put them on the industry map.

The MoonShadow Noa, took after the original boat in the series, the Cassiopeia S. However, back then, the MoonShadow Noa was fitted with touch-screen displays and monitors and pioneered the technical aspects for Moonen yachts. Of course, this equipment is standard today but remember it was introduced nearly twenty years ago to the Moonen 85.

With the MoonShadow Noa probably screaming for a refit, the owners brought her back to the place of her conception, Moonen. A five month refit subsequently ensued. However, at the time of the refit, Moonen was filled and as a result they had to construct a temporary climate-enhanced shed, in the Moonen carpark!

Once constructed, Moonen proceeded to tackle the lengthy assignment that the owners gave them. Exterior modifications included a raised and extended Fly-Bridge behind the mast; raised bulwarks; a permanent bimini; regenerated teak decking and overall paint including a flag blue hull.

Technical changes included an overhauled passerelle, engines, GENSETS, stablizers, and bridge equipment. Other changes included the revitalizaton of the interior including accomodations.

***​

http://www.**********/index2.html

MS061207-001961.jpg
    A Moonen Picture​
  6. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

7. Yacht News

Turkish firm acquires 80% of Moonen

Turkish Firm, Merit AS, Acquires 80 Percent of Dutch Moonen Yachts Holding BV

’s-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands :25 April 2009: Merit AS, of Istanbul, Turkey, has purchased the 80-percent share of Moonen Yachts Holding BV formerly owned by the Scottish Snowie family. The remaining 20 percent is owned by Emile Bilterijst, who continues to lead the company as Managing Partner.

Merit AS, founded in 1989, specializes in Transportation and Logistics. Moonen Yachts Holding BV consists of three companies: Moonen Shipyards, Moonen Brokerage, and Inoferro. Since 1981, Moonen Shipyards has earned an excellent reputation as a builder of “pocket-size superyachts” between 20 and 45 meters. In May 2008, Moonen added a new facility in Groot-Ammers, The Netherlands, to build and refit yachts up to about 50 meters. Moonen Brokerage acts as agent for owners of Moonen yachts “with experience.” Inoferro produces top-quality stainless-steel railings and components for the yachting industry.

The acquisition by Merit AS of Moonen Yachts Holding BV is a clear indication of its confidence in the skilled workforce, efficient facilities, and quality brand of Moonen Yachts. The Moonen organization extends appreciation to its longstanding partners, the Snowie family, for their efforts and support over many years.

***​

For more information:

Moonen Shipyards
  8. Yacht News

Moonen 124 sold!

There is news that the largest Moonen to date, the 124-foot "Snow White" was successfullysold a few weeks after her launch. Since being launched in late April she was delivered in June.
  9. Yacht News

Moonen 124 called "Northlander"!

The largest build to date by Dutch yacht builder Moonen has been spotted with her name. The 124 is now has the name "Northlander" instead of the previously toted name "Snow White". So Northlander is probably making her way towards Monaco.
  10. nilo

nilo Senior Member

Northlander

She will be displayed at Monaco and will then travel back to the yard for some alterations in line with the new owners' preferences.
  11. Yacht News

Moonen was at the repair and refit section of the METS earlier this month. Did anyone from YF attend the boat show?

***​

12. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Yep, I was there and had a nice chat with a guy from Moonen. I missed to meet with Nilo who was there the day before me though...
  13. Yacht News

Good...Lars, what was the general atmosphere of the boatshow inspite of the global economic climate? Moonen is holding their niche?
  14. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

It was a very positive show, it is a "Marine Equipment TRADE Show", so the visitors were mainly from boat builders and dealers, not really boat buyers.

Moonen were alongside Feadship and Amels in the Superyacht Pavilion and seemed to be quite busy.
  15. Yacht News

That is great, I know what METS is, I just happen to call every thing Boat Shows.
  16. nilo

nilo Senior Member

I am really sorry for that..
  17. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Nilo, I should have guessed you could be around and contacted you in advance, but I was too busy organizing meetings with our suppliers.

Hope you had a good show!
  18. nilo

nilo Senior Member

thank you, i had the chance to attend the super yacht forum and it was indeed interesting. i am contemplating sharing some of the ideas brought forward during the forum here and open it to discussion.
  19. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

This would be interesting if you have the time for us, I guess the whole biz is now looking for the "refresh button"...
  20. Yacht News

Moonen's "My Issue II" has had her asking price reduced. The 2006-built yacht is asking 12.5-Million Euros currently. Previously the asking price was 14.95-Million Euros.

My Issue.jpg