Click for Nordhavn Click for Furuno Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for Abeking

Mike Kajan Yacht Designs

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by Kajan, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Interesting news regarding the 3D possibilities. What program would you recommend for a novice user? English is not my native language either, so I thinks yours’ just fine ;)
  2. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Thanks, Designova!
    Yes, hopefully I’m picking up new “tricks” as I go but on the 200m designs, I could allow myself to skip certain details since they wouldn’t show up due to the 640 resolution limitation but on the smaller designs I’m not getting away that easy. :)
  3. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Dyna Rig

Yet again, the 70m concept with a different rig.

Attached Files:

4. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

100m

Dyna Rig or "Falcon Rig".

Attached Files:

5. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

36m

...last sailboat for a while.

Attached Files:

6. Apache2k

Apache2k Member

I use Cinema 4d, just basic core will do the job. Sure u can get some much more advanced software but they are too expensive- I think Rhino 3d is also very good and the price tag wont kill u. I dont want to advert anythin..
    The best way is to download demo and try.
  7. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Thanks for the tip! I'll try to download a demo.
  8. hi, i really loved your designs, mainly the renderings, but among all them i didn't see futuristic things. I actually think most of today yachts' projects could go more sci-fi ones. But congratulations for the wonderful job. I really would like to make such impressive 2D Photoshop Renderings for yachts, of course, if you did in this way. :)
  9. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Thanks, mkmillenium! I guess all designers have their own relation to the sea and different ways of approaching boat design depending on personal “entry level”.
    A design student with little or no sea-time will probably take a lot of influence from the futuristic and Sci-Fi orientated designs out there today, like in cars, toasters and what not. In these designs, practical issues like easy access to window cleaning, smoke from exhaust and such might not be an important factor or even come in to consideration.

A designer with some practical experience might even start with these practical issues close at hand and end up with something slightly less Sci-Fi, but a design closer to becoming a reality in a near future.

All these aspects of design have been thoroughly discussed in the latest design threads and some of the inputs are really good and reflects upon the matter in a clever way.

As for myself, I design boats that I personally would enjoy today, with my moderate sea-time and experience lurking in the background ;)

I’ll try to design something more “Sci-Fi”, to be continued…
  10. I regret to say sorry to you about you considering me like an entry-level student. In this sense i retire myself from your projects' thread, because so much miss-understood was taken avoid- & declining my proposal with your huge talent to do a little bit further. I beg sorry again for not beeing right understood or in the way i explained myself in not optimal way. Thanks in anyway for the opportunity in hearing me and allowing me watching what you had already done. ;) Maybe i have to say good Luck with your projects.
  11. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

I’m sorry, but I think you misunderstood me completely. I wasn’t referring to you or your work as a student work. I´m only reflecting on the ongoing discussions regarding design and was trying to explain the different levels of experience and “entry level” as I see it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I did get your proposal though, hence the comment on designing something more “Sci-Fi” ;)
  12. 84far

84far Senior Member

I would have to say your designs are clean and practical. But with an edge that makes them different from the others out there. Cheers

Far
  13. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

80m

…slightly more Sci-Fi. This one’s for you mkmillenium. Cheers!

Attached Files:

14. Nice, many thanks for working so fast in a slightly one. It is a nice design, although still a 2015 approach. I like the bow, resembling past centuries ships.
  15. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

…well, this might not be a ”2100” design either, but perhaps a 2035?

We probably still seek more efficient ways of travelling through water but I think this old wave piercing catamaran hull design still works. In this case you will have the advantage of low drag and a stable ride in combination with a lot of interior space. You also have the possibility to go slow and still be fuel efficient so I went for the wave piercing catamaran option instead of any hydrofoil ones.
    I hope people still have the need to be close to the water, so the possibility to take a stroll on deck is a must have. I also think glass will continue to play a big role in the “future”. This concept will have big “Nano” windows with no need for everyday cleaning. These windows should automatically shade the glass depending on sun intensity and angle but also have the ability to change colour. At night you can have them illuminated as a complement to the underwater lighting. The windows have solar cells built in and take care of most of the electrical need.

There is of course, no need for any visible antennas, that’s so 2010.
    I’m not going to speculate in propulsion, but it will of course be clean, cheap and extremely eco friendly ;)

Attached Files:

16. ^ This design is tremendous beautiful. Actually i don't like much trimarans but this side view is really nice. Well forget a little bit the reality approach to see what your phantasy reachs. Anyway all those windows issues i planned in my project also. This Trimaran i see here for 2020 probably. But some way out of antennas miss something imo. A Funnel is a must also, maybe highly aerodinamic.
  17. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

My 2D design makes it a little bit hard to distinguish, but the middle hull is supposed to be out of the water, making it a catamaran.
    All navigation and communication is satellite based so any forward looking antennas are a way of the past. The traditional funnel with exhaust is no longer needed since all “exhaust” or possible bi-product, depending on engine choice, is eco friendly and dealt with in other ways. But of course you could have a funnel for pure aesthetics if the design is becoming too futuristic. ;)
  18. ok then you mean the catamaran side parts are hull of 2 water turbines 'Düsen' i take in consideration... for some 100 knots blue ribbon breake. yep, an aesthetic funnel highly streamlined could be great. ;)
  19. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Evolution

1980's 1990's 2000...

Attached Files:

20. very nice history in same design, but. Do you still see differences for so many years? I mean the biggers. Invert the repeated stream 'S' middle going to stern that you maybe see more. Just a suggestion for the following 2030 funneled one. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.