Click for Perko Click for Furuno Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Northern Lights Click for Cross

Midnight Lace / Cheoy Lee Goldenwave Fiberglass Hulls

Discussion in 'Midnight Lace Yacht' started by Mainbang, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Mainbang

Mainbang New Member

I am looking at a 44 Midnight Lace, built in 1985, and the hull was made by Cheoy Lee Goldenwave Shipyards. Some of the hulls made by them are solid fiberglass and I am wondering if anyone knows if the hull on a Midnight Lace is a cored hull or solid fiberglass? Thanks!
  2. Cheoy Lee Yachts

Cheoy Lee Yachts New Member

The 44 Midnight Lace did have a cored hull. It was conceived to be a highly efficient yacht, and weight reduction through advanced (at the time) construction techniques was key.

We have a copy of technical brochure available that goes into a bit more detail, if needed.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Speaking of CLs, an early 80s 70ish CL MY arrived on my dock a few days ago, purchased by one of my neighbors... Interesting looking boat, undergoing a refit at this time. I was looking at her and her lines... till I looked it up and realized that was also a Tom Fexas design. Not as graceful as a Midnight Lace but you can see the lineage and intersting curves.