Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for Perko Click for Glendinning Click for Cross

| Lurssen | 147.25M | "A+" ex. "TOPAZ" ex Project Topaz | 2012 |

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by Yacht News, May 13, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Thanks for the photo Ocean. The white jet tender looks like one from Pascoe International.
  2. Kraut

Kraut New Member

They are on the Owner Deck and only meant for rescue.

The tender garage contains a superfast Pascoe rubber boat, a very exclusive Vikal limousine, a catamaran and a submarine. All the remaining gaps were filled up with supercharged Yamaha jet skis, kajaks and other toys. And I promise you: there's not much space left.
  3. Yacht News

There's a sub? what kind? like a Triton 3000 type or something larger?
  4. Kraut

Kraut New Member

I'd say it's a U-Boat Worx C-Quester 3 or something very similar.
  5. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

... and two Porsche Cayenne!
  6. brunick

brunick Senior Member

shows some sort of fancy taste...
  7. nmna

nmna Senior Member

Wow. They use the catamaran to put them on land?
  8. Yacht News

I do not know for sure but i'd figure the cat tender would be a beach landing tender....maybe from Vikal. Lot's of yachts have them, "Katara", "Al Mirqab", etc
  9. Kraut

Kraut New Member

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen!

Well, Topaz IS large. Indeed she's even XL. But the cars have been replaced by the catamaran during her last stay in Bremen.

No, it's not a Vikal. But from Australia as well. But right now I don't remember any details.
  10. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

11. Yacht News

At least she is lit in normal white lighting and not like a discoball there. Looks good yes! Unlike "Madame Gu" who is showing all her colours at the moment.
  12. nmna

nmna Senior Member

Someone knows (and it's authorized to release that kind of information) what kind of propulsion Topaz has?

I read something about 2x 8000 HP Pielstick engines "specially developed by Lurssen", whatever that means.
  13. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

S.E.M.T. Pielstick

If they are using Pielstick Engines for Topaz, they must be modifications of one those engines below. Great engines (not only because of size and weight), normally found in the commercial shipping world. The core engine will last forever. Turbos and some accessories need care. I know of an larger tourist ship with those type of engines in it, they run flawless for more 50 years now.

Attached Files:

14. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

This was posted by someone who knows Lurssen's work very well.

The main engines were specially developed by Lurssen and are two Pielstick diesel engines, each with power of 7990 hp. Such power is enough for the yacht to reach service speed of 22.9 knots, while the maximum speed is over 25.5 knots.
  15. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

As I have no detailed knowledge about Topaz, I was just wondering about these exhaust stacks (from this official Luerssen photo). They would reflect a typical DE setup, in this case with 10 Gensets of equal size. The typical (and neccessary) exhaust stack for an 8000 HP Pielstick engine would have a diameter of about 2 to 3 ft. Maybe, they have splitted them for pure design reasons ????

Attached Files:

16. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Light show

I found those pictures on the web site of the consulting company (PMA, Weener), which designed the external illumination system of Topaz. A nice light show and nice pictures, I must say.

Attached Files:

17. Yacht News

Very cool, this seems the way to go especially with the large yachts, I wonder what an entire set up like this costs.
  18. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

One can spend millions on the lighting of these yachts.
  19. Yacht News

Not surprising at all! I think it is cool though, you can still light the yacht in the conventional white for when the crew are working around the decks and experienment an play around with the colours when you are at anchor or in marina or port with other yachts showing off.
  20. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Even better when the light set up is connected with the proper audio system. Can not think of a better place to throw a party than on a superyacht!