Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for Walker Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger

| Lürssen | 180.00M | "AZZAM" ex Project 'Azzam' |2013 |

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by Milow232, May 24, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. lapc2000

lapc2000 New Member

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  2. Ertzeid

Ertzeid New Member

Your photos are great, looking forward to see more (you have a nice camera as well, proud owner of a E-M5 here).
  3. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

"Azzam" when she was in Tarragona...

4. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

A pity that she is still in Tarragona and has never been used by her owners as yet..
  5. Yacht News

I actually thought that she left Tarragona... I didn't know she was there all this time. Anyways.. When you have that kind of money you can do anything. It is a shame the yacht isn't being utilized more but it is what the owner wants to do or...rather can't do!
  6. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

It's official, her gross tonnage is only 13,136.
  7. Yacht News

"Al Said" is heavier than her right?
  8. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

Yea Al Said has a volume of 15K+. I'm pretty sure project Omar will be the biggest by volume.
  9. ekiqa

ekiqa Member

Not heavier. GT is a measure of volume.
  10. 84far

84far Senior Member

That's not a big surprise, it looks like they have bolted another 25m on the front of Azzam to get her waterline length - to get the speed required.
    Omar looks to be a bigger version of Kismet II/Global - same sheerline and window cutout. Cheers

Far
  11. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

"Azzam" is currently in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Perhaps enroute to the UAE or Seychelles?
  12. ELEMEENOOPEE

ELEMEENOOPEE Senior Member

I believe that Azzam has been in the same berth for almost a year. Why doesn't the owner use it ?
  13. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

The owner has not only never used his yacht, he has even never seen his boat up to now. This is caused by very bad state of health of the owner, which will most likely never get any better.

Azzam was "parked" for more than a year at Lürssen Aumund after delivery, then ferried to Gibraltar, used as a swimming hotel for two weeks for a royal wedding in Casablanca, from there it went via Gib to the middle East owned harbour of Tarragona, parked there for several month at the Moll del Costa. After that she left via the Suez Canal and Dschidda to the Khalifa Port near Al Taweeelah at Abu Dabhi. When reaching her berth, the AIS c/b was pulled and she is located there ever since. That is a great pity for this beautiful ship. She would really deserve to stretch her legs with her 94.000 HP. But these are the rules within the middle east royalty.

Btw. On google earth (satellite), you can even see Azzam in the southwestern edge of the harbour.
  14. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

I have heard that a lot of the crew have left citing the lack of seatime and boredom
  15. ELEMEENOOPEE

ELEMEENOOPEE Senior Member

She appears to be moving again !
  16. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

If it is not a fake AIS signal, she is inbound Dubai at about 10 kts. I am looking forward to know what that means. Either one more floating hotel mission or? There could be one or the other uge Ego in Dubai with specific needs :). Anyhow good for her. Being a harbour queen is not good for any ship.
  17. Wouter SMG

Wouter SMG New Member

If MT is correct Azzam is in a drydock, anybody more information?
  18. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Routine maintenance would be my guess, stuff grows pretty good in the Gulf, just because its not moving does not mean the rest of the systems are not in full use.
  19. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Looks like she is at the Al Mina dry dock area in Dubai. After being in the water for 3 years, especially in the warm waters of the Med and Gulf, one can assume, she definately needs some cosmetics on her underwater body.

May be our member Gratton would be able to provide us with some nice pictures of her sitting in the dock. If I remember correctly, the area is quite freely accessible.

Our Rep sits in Qatar, that is too far away.