Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for Northern Lights Click for Cross

Looking for pics of Ferretti Yachts

Discussion in 'Ferretti Yacht' started by YachtForums, Nov 13, 2003.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

If you've got 'em... we want 'em!

We've spent years cruising along the waters of South Florida and we've taken pictures whenever possible. We've made some of them available for you on this site, but... there are so many beautiful yachts all over the world and I'd be willing to bet... you've got pics of a few of them. Sooo... fire up your scanners, upload those images and tell us a little about the circumstances surrounding your pictures. It doesn't take much time and if we all share a little, we'll all learn A LOT!

Keep images under 640 x 480 at medium resolution, preferrably smaller... as larger pics take too long for people on dial-up to download.

The YachtForums Crew
  2. nilo

nilo Senior Member

pictures for Ferretti yachts

I can share a few pictures at various location around Turkish waters. The first picture taken in the bay of Fethiye, next to Osman's fish restaurant. Only way of reaching this location is by sea. The other 2 is crusing in the bay back to Gocek.

Attached Files:

3. nilo

nilo Senior Member

Gokova Bay Kucuk Cati Creek

These pictures are taken at the Kucuk Cati Creek in Gokova Bay. This is also a no road access location, a very safe place, closed to all weather.

Attached Files:

4. nilo

nilo Senior Member

Portofino next to Feadship Kisses

These are some pictures from Portofino Bay in Italy, the large yacht is Feadship Kisses.

Attached Files:

5. nilo

nilo Senior Member

Ekincik Marmaris, next to ancient city Kaunos

This is also a limited road access location. There is a very elegant and high quality restaurant on the hill. Next to Ekincik the ancient city Kaunos is located. The city dates back to 1000 B.C. and is famous with the tombs carved in the rock.

Attached Files:

6. nilo

nilo Senior Member

Boynuz Buku, Gocek

These pictures are from Boynuz Buku, Gocek. Another location with no road access.

Attached Files:

7. nilo

nilo Senior Member

Hamam Koyu, another nice location at the bay of Gocek/Turkey

Hamam koyu have some ruins from the late Byzantium era. Good all around shelter and deep waters enable yachts to anchor close to shore.

Attached Files:

8. techmati

techmati Senior Member

i like this name its very cool.
    what is dial up? i think i remember that from years ago......

Attached Files:

9. techmati

techmati Senior Member

what is that black thing? is that a hull window option?

Attached Files:

10. techmati

techmati Senior Member

:D bow beauty

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      102.4 KB
      Views:
  11. techmati

techmati Senior Member

the array

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      96.7 KB
      Views:
  12. nilo

nilo Senior Member

It is a very large window and improves the view from the master cabins considerably; however i have heard that some boats have problems of water coming in.

Nilo
  13. techmati

techmati Senior Member

yes it must be nice for the master cabin but the design is not nice. it looks odd.
  14. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Okay, here's my contribution. This is the backend of an 80-odd foot Ferretti named Formality. We were running up Bogue (sp?) Sound, North Carolina, he heading for Moorehead City, me to Beaufort. My chartplotter went out (actually it was time to change chips but couldn't find the next one, got wedged in a crack I found out later). Anyway, called the captain on the Ferretti, got his destination and followed him up the sound. He made the left to MC, and I found my way around Radio Island in a driving rainstorm. Thanks again Cap!
    Capt Tom

Attached Files:

15. nilo

nilo Senior Member

Dear Techmati,

I agree with you, the boat designs are moving away from the basic concept of esthetical and sea worthy, practical boating parameters. In my opinion this is due to the fact that production builders are under pressure to come out with new concepts to keep themselves attractive more towards the general public, so that they can keep on pushing high volumes. On one hand this is good, because it is attracting a lot of new comers to the boating. More and more people who were not involved in boating are buying boats. On the other hand, this is somehow damaging the passion in building boats with the parameters I have described above. However, in the long run I assume these new buyers will understand and will ask for more in their boats. Then we will have a better market for the builders who still keep the passion of building boats with basic qualities and who do not approach building boats from a stock market perspective only.

Nilo
  16. John Laughland

John Laughland New Member

Hi Nilo,
    We saw you at Osman's restaurant! [Turunc Bay by the way] and we got there the alternative way--we walked from Kaya Koy. Next time in the area you should moor at Sok Su [just east of Gemiler] and walk over to Kaya.
    Elsewhere in your posts is Boynus Buku, we have sailed there, walked there and driven our Skoda there!
    All the best, John
  17. Francois

Francois New Member

Here is a picture of the pilot house.Thats the one I went and installed an ssb radio into the dash board.
  18. nilo

nilo Senior Member

Dear John,

I have not read this port earlier. Sorry for not responding timely. I am a local and if you are staying around the Fethiye bay may be we can meet next season. I am keeping the boat in Gocek, buting living in Istanbul.

19. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Nilo, your pictures of the Turkish waters are great......I am looking forward to my cruise through Turkey next summer.

Which Ferretti is that in your pictures.....is it a 68 ft.?

Best regards,

Tarek