Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for Cross Click for Walker Click for Northern Lights

leaks in cabin not from windows-carver 1995 mariner

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by crashgtr, Jul 15, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. crashgtr

crashgtr New Member

We had these leaks in the cabin after we ripped them our and resealed each of them.

One leak shows up under the sette window and the seat cushions and the other have way behind the couch seat back and also in teh far back corner behind the couch by the battery selector corner

We checked the windows and they are not leaking but yet we still have a ton of water and the rain doesn't seem to stop in NJ- every freakin day around 5:30PM there is a downpour at a minimum.

we started ripping up and resealing each stanchion but only got so far and still have leaks- ugh we just got this boat and its killing us.
  2. crashgtr

crashgtr New Member

no one else has had leak issues with the 1995 carver mariner 330

If anyone has had this issue please speak up and share your stories
  3. SeaDragon

SeaDragon New Member

Sorry, no experience with that model. I would reseal all railings and cleats. Water can travel horizontal too so the leak could be else where. A word of encouragement, once this leak is repaired you will very much enjoy this boat.
  4. snelltyke11

snelltyke11 New Member

Call Me Maybe I Can Help

When it hard I too get water in the dinette and the counter top in the kitchen. One time it was so bad the carpet even got wet around the dinette.
    I may have an idea????
    Admin Edit: Phone Number Removed. Read the Rules.
  5. crashgtr

crashgtr New Member

ideas - places to look for leaks besides cleats

let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Any cuts through the deck or hull could be the culprit. That's windows, hatches, and any screw hole. Check your cleats, windlass, antenae base, but I suspect it may be coming from the hull/deck joint beneath the rubrail. You'll probably find the culprit by flooding one area and then another with a garden hose with someone inside watching where it normally appears.
  7. t silbert

t silbert New Member

I also have rain water leaks in my 330 1993 mariner . cant seem to find the source of leak it may be coming thru the windows in the upper deck and running down thru screw holes not sure will keep looking
  8. sanjuandreamer

sanjuandreamer New Member

I have a 98 Mariner.
    Found a leak coming from above the sliding door.
    The water would follow top, run down to where the top connects and then run to the caulking above the sliding door.
    The caulking had cracked and allowed water in.
    Anyway, something to check.
  9. Carver390

Carver390 New Member

I recently purchased a Carver 390 CPMY. There are several leaks. Port side sliding window leaks the worst. I am wondering if the aged and worn fuzzy inserts which the windows slide on is the culprit. Anybody have thoughts/ similar experience?
  10. Djphink

Djphink New Member

I have a 1994 Mariner 330 also with leaky windows. In the middle of restoring the windows now. Not an easy job. All fuzzy strips replaced ($376 for the fuzzy stuff from Taylor made systems). Frames sanded and painted. Glass cleaned. Front windows plexiglass replaced. Using Dow Corning 795 to reseal all the windows after researching extensively online. Got for like $8 a tube. If anyone interested, I can share pics and give updates when finished. Chris