Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mag Bay Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Delta

Lazzara 64' Sport Yacht Spy Pics

Discussion in 'Lazzara Yacht' started by aldesso, Oct 2, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. aldesso

aldesso Guest

Was out in the bay the other day, looks like lazzara was testing their new 64LSX? (pretty sure that's what it was based on the pics on their website). That thing was wickedly fast compared to the other ones I've seen around.

Admin Edit: To anyone reading this thread, scan down to the bottom of the page.

Attached Files:

2. aldesso

aldesso Guest

what the heck happened to my post count? I know I haven't been active for a while...
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Interesting timing? Got a call from Tony Lazzara today. Wanted to know if I've seen the new '64. I responded "nope, not interested". Express cruisers garner about as many "views" as a press release on vacu-flush diapers. The 'views' with each YF review are the tell-tale sign.

I hope they can sell a few of them and get back on track.
  4. aldesso

aldesso Guest

Karl,

Agreed, seems the express market is definitely leaning more toward European boating. I'm more interested in looking at it as a motor yacht missing its bridge. More than likely they'll base it on the express model (at least that's what it looks like from their site).

Regardless, it's nice to see that we still have some yacht builders left in this country. Seems like it's all going to China and Turkey ...

Guess we shall see what the turnout will be this year ... manufacturers and visitors alike ...

Cheers,
    Marc
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I don't know, I just delivered a brand new 55' Uniesse POS with Arnesons to St. Maarten. So they're selling. The Lazzara looks way too stubby for my tastes.
  6. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

Lol. Is "Uniesse 55 POS" an official model designation?

I agree though, the lazarra looks way too short, perhaps it'll look better when it's painted?
  7. carelm

carelm Senior Member

Could that be a prototype model instead of an LSX64? Here is an LSX64 from the website. The side window treatments are slightly different. Also, I noticed on the side of the above boat there are ten length markings. Just comparing them to the guy in the blue shirt they seem between four to five in length.

Attached Files:

8. aldesso

aldesso Guest

Could be an entirely different animal altogether , the 64 was just the closest thing to it. Assuming the line spacing is correct from a naval architecture standpoint, that would make it anywhere between a 40' and 50' at the water line ... best guess on length from there would be between 55' and 65'
  9. carelm

carelm Senior Member

I read a while back that Lazzara had formed a partnership with the Crest Group. One of their goals was to launch five new models over the next 24 months between 52' and 120'. This was over a year ago so maybe what you saw was one of the upcoming new models. I was just eye-balling the pictures you provided and I came up with WAG of 58' which splits the difference between your estimates.
  10. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I think this stubby thing is 64'... More like 50/55'

Big Express / Coupes are here to stay and you see more and more of them at every marina... They are great for owner operators since everybody is together and close to the water.
  11. pittjockey

pittjockey New Member

Could be the photography that makes it look stubby. May have been shot with a wide angle lens that distorts the view. aldesso did you shoot pic? Was it a wide angle lens? From Pic looks like the new Sunseeker 53 Pred. Wonder if it is a Sunseeker and not a Lazzara
  12. aldesso

aldesso Guest

Pittjockey,

The picture is cropped in quite a bit and no crazy lenses ... Now I'm really confused ... what the heck would Sunseeker be doing testing in the bay? Lazzara is, as far as I know, the only "candidate" for a testing a boat like this in these parts ... then again, maybe I'm missing something.
  13. YachtForums

Of all the sleezy, underhanded, unscrupulous acts I've seen on YF over the years, this takes the grand prize. Let me see if I've got this right Aldesso... you just happened to be out in the *middle* of the bay and Lazzara runs their new boat by you (twice!), within an arm's reach, while the hull is marked for reference? Yeah right...!

Recognizing a game is a foot, I run a low-level IP search and guess who your IP host is... Lazzara Yachts!

Well Aldesso, two can play at this game. It's my move this time and it's time for full disclosure seeing how you guys operate under the veil of non-disclosure. Why would Lazzara post this on YF under an alias screen name? Because I refused to cover the boat, just like most of magazines in our industry who all got screwed by Lazzara, along with 100's of suppliers and a number of buyers who counted on Lazzara for warranty, service and support.

We have tried to be supportive of this American manufacturer, publishing features and reviews to reward innovation, even though monies were owed to us and our friends in the industry. I even kept our review of the Lazarra motoryacht on the front page, trying to help you guys find your way back from the abyss of bad judgement. So this is how you repay our efforts? By attempting to exploit our media?

Ever heard a backfire before Aldesso? This will be heard around the world!

Attached Files:

14. YachtForums

And if you don't think there are repercussions to your actions, the thread has already been indexed by our SEO technology. This discussion is topping a Google search under multiple keywords related to Lazzara Yachts...

Attached Files:

15. Iluvyachts

Iluvyachts Member

wow, so you just took a wild guess and traced the IP??? This is kind of sad a major boat builder would do this!!
  16. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

I knew this was the case, I just didn't wan't to embarrass Lazzara in public. Pity the depths they have dropped to. It's also worth noting that there were no more replies to my last post on this thread...
  17. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Desperate times call for desperate measures and cause some people to stoop very low.
  18. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Yes it's a new model......the Uniesse (Piece of Ship) or insert another letter in there somewhere.......I've never run a 55' that in 1-3' seas, pounds like a 17' Boston Whaler.
  19. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

But I bet the bow stateroom is very roomy!!

My old Hatt has a cramped bow SR with over/under bunks but as result will slice a 5 footer like it s not there.
  20. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Desperate measures? Wrong.

That's the sort of excuse I and many others who supply a service or build a product hear and then get ripped off.

As though there is an excuse for fundamental DISHONESTY.

In Yacht Forums’ case, this has been a sham post and Carl and the readers/members are played for fools. So it may be just be a time waste BUT the dishonesty and failure to pay for services and products is theft. Just because the thief is dressed in a suit, they all too often get away with it, whilst the guy who steals $50 out of desperation is locked up.

I would not deal with “desperate”, dishonest individuals like this if they built the best boat in the US.

Spend your money with people and companies who build and back their product with integrity, hard work and an honest approach.