Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Delta Click for Burger

Jenny Clark

Discussion in 'Trumpy Yacht' started by Capt. Mark, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Capt. Mark

Capt. Mark New Member

Ft. Lauderdale is our hailing port but boat operat
    Have recently purchased the MY Jenny Clark from Marty Isenburg in Fla. originally commisioned as the Aires? for Henry C. Gibson any more detailed info on her history would be greatly appreciated. She's currently in the Great Lakes area getting new hull paint and some brightwork. Looking fwd to running her this season. I read a quote from an article recently that said"every wood boat has a story but Trumpys are the stuff of legend" pretty much sums it up!
  2. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Hello Capt. Mark, Welcome to YachtForums! Henry Gibson was a multiple Trumpy owner, among other nice wooden yachts. It seems like he built a new yacht almost every year. One of his former Trumpy yachts : "Sirius" is my next door (dock) neighbor. "Sirius" is the very last Trumpy ever built. Her owner has contacted Mr. Gibson's surviving family who offered absolutely no information or interest in his former yacht. So that would be a dead end. Sorry I can't be much more help. Good luck with her.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Such a shame that his kids don't have the same passion Mr Gibson had.
  4. Capt. Mark

Capt. Mark New Member

Ft. Lauderdale is our hailing port but boat operat
    Thanks for the reply, it really is a shame about the Gibson family having no interest but it's not the end for the Jenny Clark, it's a new begining. We are wood boat veterans and know all too well the regimen needed to maintain her in bristol fashion and that is the plan. We'll keep digging on the history front there are multiple owners listed on the abstract and title. It's part of the fun of owning her,knowing the history so it can be told.
  5. classic

classic Member

jenny clark was this boat owned by the parson family once in Lauderdale.
  6. Rodger

Rodger Senior Member

I took Jenny Clark down the Welland Canal July 7/2016