Click for Mag Bay Click for Northern Lights Click for Perko Click for YF Listing Service Click for Comfort

ISA Yachts "Ellix Two" - Launch Info

Discussion in 'ISA Yacht' started by YachtForums, Sep 22, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

A little more than one year of hard work, about 120 people involved, 47.5 m in length, sensual and unique red lines and a maximum speed of 17 knots, M/Y Ellix Too is the latest jewel of superyacht builder ISA, the second megayacht of the series 470.

The launching ceremony took place in the evening of Saturday 3rd July. The beautiful night enhanced the already magnificent and innovative lines of an unequalled megayacht.

M/Y Ellix Too is the second of a series of six megayachts that ISA will build within the year 2006 and represents the natural evolution of the first vessel – M/Y April Fool - which inaugurated the production of the 470 series last June 2003.

Marcello Maggi, ISA Joint Managing Director and Commercial Director, declares: The confirmation provided by the market regarding the 470 range shows that behind a new concept there is not only style, but a genuine upheaval of yachting canons. Behind each one of the five technological jewels that will come out of the ISA shipyard in Ancona between 2003 and 2006, there is a careful process of technological product updating and advancement. The ISA has only been around for three years and it is already competing all over the world with companies that have 50 years of experience behind them and have shaped the history of navigation: we have been able to achieve this thanks the continuous support of the Rodriguez Group and thanks also to our young and winning team, which I have the honour of representing around the world.

About three thousand people gathered for the spectacular launching ceremony. Among them ISA managers (Daniele Socci, Moreno Guerrieri, Antonio Longobardi), administrative and technical staff, workers with their families, citizens, but also Gérard and Alexandre Rodriguez, the Mayor of Ancona, the President of the Provincial Council, the Vice President of the Marche Region, the Rector of Ancona University, the Archbishop of Ancona (who blessed the vessel), Rodriguez Group clients and various other local dignitaries and entrepreneurs.

Gianluca Fenucci, ISA managing director was as excited as if it was the first launching of a vessel at the shipyard ever. He stressed how important the event was, uniting the Marche entire system. I constantly thank my life mentors and friends because the lessons they have taught me have allowed me to look at the many excellent qualities of my region, the Marche, with great attention and respect. Over these years, I have always tried to stimulate these qualities and to include them in the creation and constant development of the ambitious ISA project. I am convinced that a system can and must be put into place, and that we can all work together respecting each other’s skills. This is because the challenges posed by globalisation with regard to the application of the “think globally and act locally” principle have given companies that work in a specific territory a new and important role, allowing them the opportunity of becoming a reference point for that territory: competition today takes place between territorial subjects and an occasion such as the night launch of our splendid 470.2 is an opportunity to present and promote the excellent qualities of our territory to the whole world. There is no better slogan for this event.

M/Y ELLIX TOO SPECIFICATIONS
    Concept & Engineering – ISA TECHNICAL STAFF
    Interior & Exterior Design - ARCH. WALTER FRANCHINI
    Type – DISPLACEMENT MOTORYACHT
    Hull - STEEL
    Superstructure - ALLUMINIUM
    classification Society - LLOYD’S REGISTER & MCA R.I.N.A.
    Engine make & Model - 2 X MTU 12V 4000M 70
    Engine power (KW) – 1740
    Propulsion type - FP SCREW PROPELLER
    Length overall (metri) - 47.50
    Length width (meters) - 8.90 (max)
    Guests cabins - 6
    Tender make & length- OFFSHORE NAUTICA 7 meters
    Working time - 17 months approx
    Staff employed- 120 people approx (internal and external)

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

ISA Yachts "Ellix Two" underway -

Attached Files: