Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Furuno Click for Mag Bay Click for JetForums

Is this SeaLand holding tank accessible on top?

Discussion in 'Cabo Yacht' started by CSkipR, Jul 18, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I believe that to be an over pressure valve and will not offer you anything.
    You need to get in the tank?
  4. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

Yes I need to get into tank to clean it with a wand or some other method.
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Most of the other fittings are pressed in. It's one heck of a gasket but the top 1.5 inch PVC tubes are just pressed in from the top, lots of wiggling and upward pulling, it is lots of work but they will come some day. If the picture you offered is the exact one in your boat (there are many models) then pull anything from the top that would be considered in-flow. You would want the out flow pipes left in to pump out your rinse.

Now, the big question,, Why??

If your thinking your going to clean the stain on the inside of the tank, your in for disappointment. That roto-cast plastic is NOT smooth as the outside. It holds the grime like non-skid.
    Raritan K O is your best cleaner and odor eater. If you think you see mud building up on the bottom, you probably do. After hours of trying to rinse it out, it will still be there. Don't worry about it unless you really have a vision (you see it) problem then just install another tank.
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I agree, you are not going to get in your holding tank and clean it, nor should you need to. The raritan additive is a good option. Another option is to empty the tank, then flush 1/2 a cup of HE laundry detergent liquid down each toilet, let sit for a few mins, then fill the bowl up and flush several times, and then get the tank to 3/4 and let it sit overnight, pump it out......Sealand came out with a tank cleaner.....I'm working on the boat where his "broker" talked him into a guy cleaning it.....it was clean for about the first time it was filled to 3/4, after pumping it out, it is as stained as it always was LOLOLOL.........
  7. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

Thanks guys will just flush it.