Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mag Bay Click for Nordhavn Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Abeking

Info wanted on Marlow Yachts

Discussion in 'Marlow Yacht' started by Hef, Dec 4, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Hef

Hef New Member

Looking at a Marlow build or pre-owned. Would sure like to hear any positive or negatives - I guess particularly the latter on this builder before we launch in that direction. Previous vessel was an Offshore which we thought a lot of.
    Help!:rolleyes:
  2. The Marlow has an unusual bottom design with both prop shafts enclosed in twin keels, giving more protection to the props. I was at a local yard where a Marlow had been hauled to do some repairs. The owner found some very skinny water in the Bahamas and put some scratches in the bottom paint and through some gel coat, but the props were OK and they were able to continue their cruise. Marlow has a fancy name for these twin keels but it is much more common on British and Dutch built boats than US ones.
    Tucker Fallon
  3. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Taken from the YachtForums.com review of the Marlow 57 RPH:

Hef, if you haven't already checked out the review be sure to take a look.
  4. J. Dunbar

J. Dunbar New Member

I observed a significant difference in the Fit & Finish between the Taiwan built verses the China built Marlow's. This may or may not be the case as their efforts to build in China has increased.

I've come to realize that all Marlow 65's and 70's have been and will continue to be built in Taiwan. The 65 is the plum transom while the 70 is the reverse transom. Both boats have the same distance from stem to transom.
    It does appear the 70's may run a little better because of the extended planning surface aft. I sea trialed a 70 , which does run better than 20 knots.
    The two 65's I have sea trialed have not gone quite that fast.

All of the 65's and 70's are coming out of one mold while the 72 and 78's are coming out of another mold in China. The difference between the 72 and 78 is just like the difference between the 65 and 70.

I have also read that the new plant in China is "state of the art" . And very environment friendly .
  5. Ian smith

Ian smith New Member

ian smith

Presently have G.B. Eastbay however looking at larger vessel 57 Marlow with Lugger engines Anyone have experience with this engine. Love Eastbay but we liv on board and want more space
  6. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Ian. You asked this in another thread and I answered there. Probably best to keep it to one thread since both of these threads are quite old.