Click for Abeking Click for Mag Bay Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport

Ft. Laud. New River Cruise...

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by YachtForums, Jan 5, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

#32 is a cruiser style Trumpy, not a Matthews
  2. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Hello Maldwin, Welcome to YachtForums. You are correct, she is indeed a Trumpy. I usually catch the identification errors on the old Classics, but this one got past me! Thanks for correcting the record.

You will find lots of interesting info here, along with some great photos of wonderful yachts. If you give the "search" feature a try, you'll see some photos of a couple of really nice Huckins yachts that you will certainly recognize!
  3. hbyachtboy

hbyachtboy New Member

Photographs

Has anyone recently cruised the water ways of Fort Lauderdale? Would be cool to see some images from Florida taken on the water. I would but unfortunately I live a little to far away
  4. This is a picture of the New River taken from my desk, this is my view from my office window. I do the trip pretty often as I work at a boat yard about five miles up the river, I will take some fresh pictures for you on the next trip.

The second picture is of my office barge which is floating on the New River, the company name has been removed in this shot to keep this non commercial. The barge is considered a "permanently moored vessel" but I am floating every day at the office!

Attached Files:

5. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

Not to put too fine a point on it,Tucker, but isn't that the South Fork of the New River that you see from your window?
  6. Yes, it is the South Fork, but considering the North Fork is navigable for a much shorter distance, and the South Fork is home to Lauderdale Marine Center, Jackson Marine, Marina Bay, Yacht Haven, Cable Marine, Rolly Marine, Westport, Lazzarra, Pipewelders, New River Marine, Bradford Marine, Roscioli, Hampton and more, the South Fork is the one one that most yachts will travel on.
    If you took the number of yachts you could see on the South Fork as a total number, it would compare favorably with some of the larger boat shows of the world, but sadly without the cocktail barges.
    Aerial view of the SOUTH FORK at State Road 84, also known as Marina Mile.

Attached Files:

7. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

New River Sightings

Snapped the Miss Linda from Lighthouse Point, FL on the New River a block West of Federal Highway next to Smoker Family Park.

Attached Files:

8. discokachina

New River Sightings

Looks like Watercolors is waiting for service at Apex Marine on the New River in downtown Fort Lauderdale just West of the Andrews Ave bridge.

Attached Files:

9. discokachina

New River Sightings

Because the morning sun was in my face it was hard to make out the name on the transom but I think it was Cloud 9? She is docked across from Cooley's Landing Marine just west of downtown Fort Lauderdale on the South side of the New River with a very nice tender along side.

Attached Files:

10. discokachina

Getting Ready for the Boat Show

These boats on the New River are eagerly waiting for the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show which begins on October 28th!

Attached Files:

11. discokachina

Getting Ready for the Boat Show

Boats along the New River getting ready for the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show starting on October 28th!

Attached Files:

12. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

The third pics in the above series looks like the Broward 120' I was on today.

Went down the River in the afternoon for the Boat show.
  13. capcsw

capcsw New Member

this was called "Dynamic Duo", a 1983 85' Broward, in the yard for repairs after it was hit by a Allied yacht that lost control while docked on the new river at the Andrews Avenue bridge.
  14. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Huh..?

The one I commented on in the above post, third picture in the series of 5?

Pretty sure it is a Broward 120.

I was going for a ride on her to the Boat Show, but the trip got delayed and I had to jump ship for other commitments.
    Looks like the picture was taken a couple of hours later.
  15. capcsw

capcsw New Member

sorry - I was referring to one on the first page
  16. jetboatcap

jetboatcap New Member

And I'm leaning toward a Horizon here. Again, what do you think?

If I am not mistaken, that is the "Animal House", a Poole Chaffee, formerly "Affinity", (I think), which I took off the dock express in late 2000. A very nicely appointed, and well laid out yacht.
  17. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

There was a beautiful Mathews that set under a shed in Galesville Md looooong ago (when I was in college). Thought about buyer her for a liveaboard
  18. brian eiland

Is that a special film you buy?

And is it reusable as it is digital?

Or does it take as many photos as a digital can??
  19. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

It was probably this one: A 53' 1967 then called "Coloneh" by her original owner. Subsequently called "Tir Na Nog", now "Lady J". She is still in beautiful condition.

Attached Files:

20. brian eiland

Been so long ago now I don't remember. You certainly got a better memory than I.

I was looking at some ACF's also...loved those sunken aft staterooms with the walk around deck above...and the great wheelhouses.

This vessel reminded me of those ACF's but in a larger format
    http://www.lebontempsroule.org/
    ...built by Mathews?