Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno Click for Burger Click for Walker Click for MotorCheck

Fourth year designe task

Discussion in 'Yacht Designers Discussion' started by Zvezdan, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Zvezdan

Zvezdan New Member

Hi everyone,
    My name is Zvezdan Nedeljkovic, and I am fourth year student of industrial design.
    Our task in the final year is to design a vessel. I'm thinking in the direction of sailing boats, and luxury power boats.
    I have no experience with sailing, or boats for that matter. And I'd be really grateful if you help me to figure out what are the most frequent problems on vessels.
    My goal is to solve a real problem, not only to create an attractive design.

Zvezdan
  2. 84far

84far Senior Member

Zvezdan,

I would personally recommend to stay away from sail boats for this project, there's so many compromises with hull shapes and forms which has a knock on effect with the rigging, that then has a knock on effect with how one can use the boat. Then you have to give suitable reasons (with your experience stated) why things should be changed.

So I would stick with the motor boats, read up on efficiency of a hull (hydrodynamics)... I don't want to see a barge :rolleyes:, power plant (something green), and living - so good lounge area towards the stern.

Anyways, hope that helps. Cheers

Far