Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Glendinning Click for Cross

Four 100 meter plus supersailers on the way

Discussion in 'General Sailing Discussion' started by joyful, Mar 9, 2013.

1. joyful

joyful New Member

Seems that there is no limit to size looking at the four boats over 100m in construction.

Would love to see what the 147m White Pearl will look like - motor sailer?

(Link deleted)
  2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

There's the one from dream ship symphony, project Solar from OceAnco, White Pearl and what's the other one?
  3. joyful

joyful New Member

Dubois 101 from what xxxxxxxxxx are saying (tried to post a link but got deleted by admin!) They have a listing of all sailing yachts over 30m in build.
  4. joyful

joyful New Member

Dubois 101 no build contract yet. Looks like White Pearl will be the first to launch (2015?). Suspect Solar next and then Dreamship Victory a long way away on current progress.
  5. davidwb

davidwb Senior Member

"Solar" measures 106 meters instead of 108 according to the site of Nuvolari Lenard.

No yard or contract for the Dubois 101 meter? Project is on hold?
  6. Yacht News

Oh yeah the Dubois project, I just couldn't remember at the time. I do not think that project has a contract, at least that I heard about much less started construction but correct me if I am wrong.
  7. joyful

joyful New Member

Shortlist of yards apparently down to two or three with possible decision by spring - though like all great projects, nothing is certain until the contract is signed. Most likely Northern Europe not surprisingly.
  8. Earthwatcher

Earthwatcher New Member

White Pearl

Is there any more news on the White Pearl? I have been looking for images and can't find any. Is this project definitely going ahead?
  9. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

My last update says it is a secret project. I don't think we will see anything before she is launched, unless it will be leaked through a mistake.
  10. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

All I know is it's being built by Nobiskrug.
  11. nmna

nmna Senior Member

Some time ago (BI, August '12) Eidsgaard Design made some sketches of a 140m sailing yacht for the owner of A (which, according to some german newspapers, is the future owner of White Pearl).

In the end the owner chose another designer, but perhaps there are some similarities between this concept and White Pearl.
  12. Yacht News

Any one knows the status of this Dream Ship Symphony build? It started construction but years have gone by with nothing! This was one of the early videos surrounding the project.

13. Gage Rowden7

Gage Rowden7 Senior Member

As far as I know they are still building her. I tried to see if I could find something and there seems to be nothing.. Although a couple new articles were written about her a couple months ago and there was nothing that important aka still the same info as before. Although, I am interested to see the finished product and hope they can finish her soon.
  14. Yacht News

Well some time has passed since we last heard of this project... I think it is safe to say this ambitious supersized project is dead or has been dead. For sure it started construction but no news or progress photos has been made available to pique anyone's interest in the build.
  15. Gage Rowden

Gage Rowden Active Member

Agreed. Who knows how long this project has been dead. I gave up hope for Dream Symphony a long time ago. I was really looking forward to her because it is a cool design and would be beautiful.
    So far only SY A and Black Pearl have only been launched. I do hope that in the near future we will be seeing more 100m sail yachts.