Click for Glendinning Click for Abeking Click for Walker Click for MotorCheck Click for Mag Bay

Fort Lauderdale Schools

Discussion in 'Licensing & Education' started by Benz1155, Mar 5, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Benz1155

Benz1155 New Member

Does anyone have opinions on the different schools in Fort Lauderdale? I am looking at both International Crew Training (ICT), which offers RYA certs and Professional Yachtmaster Training, which offers the IYT certs. Who should I go with? I am just planning on getting my powerboat cert.
  2. AlfredZ

AlfredZ Senior Member

Welcome to YachtForums,

If it is only for what you are calling "Powerboat" certification, I think you don't need any of those! Going through the Coast Guard auxiliary program or any Coast Guard certified program with the nearest yacht club to you would make more sense, unless you want the extra mile and the ticket for future maybe. Then, I think you should visit each one and see for your self how the training is undertaken, what facilities and boats they operate, how many trainees per group, what is their record of placement on yachts, (Upon your visit, you will notice that some centers have regular yachts as their customers for re-certification or upgrade), just get a feel for your stay with them, you can add MPT to your list, which is another RYA certification center with good record in my book.

Keep us up on your find.

Cheers.