Click for Furuno Click for Burger Click for Northern Lights Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Abeking

Follow La Vagabonde...

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by AMG, Aug 13, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Beautiful....
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Fast forward to 2019 and our friends have sailed their new 45' catamaran for a couple of years. One year ago they got a new crew member when Lenny was born and three weeks ago while in the US, they decided to help the Swedish Climate Activist Greta to get back to Europe without flying, and took off sailing across the Atlantic Ocean in November. Right now they arrive in Portugal after a successful crossing and a lot of newsmedia is covering this live... Well done!

La Vaga Lisboa.jpg
  3. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

As climate activists, am I to assume they will have to get rid of that plastic boat? Carbon Fiber? Cold Molded? Anything should be possible with all the green coming in after this publicity stunt.
    Best,
    Maldwin
  4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Yes, they will have some problems with this, but when you consider the majority of the 25.000 delegates to the COP25 in Madrid is flying in, what can we say? This is just business and politics after all.
  5. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

They might have to get rid of the engine, and sail like the Pardeys, or get electric power.
  6. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Oh look... yet another Thunberg publicity stunt. :rolleyes: