Click for Nordhavn Click for Walker Click for Mulder Click for Perko Click for YF Listing Service

Expandacraft Tri's and Cat's Kayaks

Discussion in 'Tenders & Dinghies' started by brian eiland, Dec 29, 2011.

1. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

...just saw this on a random pic forum site
    Expandacraft is much more than a kayak! It's a modular boat system which allows you to quickly reconfigure it from one type of watercraft to another.

Many kits are in development for sail, rowing, pedal power and more. Being modular, the Expandacraft will live up to its name. Constant development of new kits will help you expand your enjoyment on the water.

Expandacraft, Inc.

... parts weight less than 10lbs each :)

Attached Files:

2. tirekicker11

tirekicker11 Senior Member

Interesting that you bring that up now as I just read an article on the Hobie tri in the last PBO.
    I think I'm going to get me one of these this spring.

Attached Files:

3. chuckb

chuckb Senior Member

Great concept

Plastic molded small boats seem to have lots of interesting applications... it will be interesting to see whether the expandacraft concept takes hold. I certainly could use a "lego building block" set up... raft one day, kayak the next, sail the third..

Another rotomolded boat that looks like a blast is the Wave hydrofoil... out of production for the moment, but google "Windrider Rave Hydrofoil Sailing" and check out the stuff on youtube etc...
  4. brian eiland

My old friend has a few of these Hobie tris in rental down in St Thomas....really likes them. They were not the sailing models, but it looks like a nice sailing machine
  5. brian eiland