Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Westport Click for Delta Click for MotorCheck

Dock needed in FLL

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by JWY, Nov 20, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. JWY

JWY Senior Member

Does anyone know of an available dock to rent for Hatteras 58LRC? Beam is 17'11; she draws 5'6. No liveaboards, she's for sale.

Thanks!

Judy
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I know of one in Lauderdale By The Sea. Tall pilings and only a 30' dock, has 2 cleats on the seawall on both sides of the dock, owner had a 63' Ocean there a few years back, but dock is in so so shape, has a single 50 amp.....email me if you want the owners contact info, BUT you'd have to go inspect it yourself.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Have you tried Dock Finders? I needed dockage for a boat for sale last year she found us something right away.
  4. JWY

JWY Senior Member

Thanks, Pascal. I didn't want to air dirty laundry, but have used Dockfinders intermittently for years. I recently had bad and costly experiences with DF on two separate boats. One boat has moved docks 3 times due to unacceptable dock conditions that occurred after tying up (dock collapse, ongoing construction, unretrieved dog poop). One dock owner has taken legal action against my boat owner in a grossly unfair, one-sided situation. DF is loyal to the dock owners and unconcerned about negligence on their part, damage to the vessel, nor in resolving the situation.

Sorry to post this, but I didn't want the DF suggestion to look like one I would consider.
  5. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Good to know...