Click for Burger Click for Delta Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder Click for Mag Bay

Do Not Buy an Azimut, Especially in the US

Discussion in 'Azimut Yacht' started by mvernon, May 20, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. mvernon

mvernon New Member

Purchased a brand new Azimut 45 Flybridge just over 1 year ago and in that year I have spent just as much time waiting for parts as I have being able to enjoy the boat. Everything on this boat has failed and each time you can expect to wait at least 2 months before it is fixed and back on the water. Azimuts are terrible and this boat in particular. The MarineMax service doesn't do much to help either. The company line is: "we are waiting on a part which should arrive in 4-6 weeks". Do yourselves a favor and steer clear of Azimut. Nothing but headaches and $$$ out of the pocket without even being able to enjoy them.
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Sorry you didn't come here before you purchased. It would be far more helpful if you'd discuss the specific issues you've had rather than "everything". Unfortunately, you are stuck with Marine Max. However, you might try a different location.

Just curious...do you know where your boat was built? Betting they didn't share that information.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

A few months ago, we were anchored out when a friend of our charter guest rafted up with a very recent 88 or so Mutt.

I stepped aboard to chat with the captain, from our swim platform to his, and thought I was going to go thru... He smiled and confirmed it was all delaminated ... Among with many other issues

At least there was non skid. I always get a quick seeing a mutt where the owner/crew had to use stick on non skid patchea from Home Depot on those stupid bulges they put on each side of the platform
  4. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

The previous owner of the Hatteras I purchased bought a new 43 Azimut. paid over 700 ,K difference, one year later I was talking to his "manager" and the word was, he misses the Hatt, the Azimut was just plagued with issues but did run fast, I seen the Azimut just before it was delivered and the st stl was staring to rust already, apparently after delivery there was continuous issues usually involving delays in parts and warranty approval extensions as the dealer had used up all the warranty allowance dollars.
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Care to elaborate on what exactly those issues are/were?